BigK

What are your Doomsday plans?

• Members

Have you reserved your 1.5 - 4.5 million dollar condo yet in a Kansas Missile Silo?

Why do I keep seeing commercials for gourmet freeze dried doomsday meals?

I'm sure I can construct a first rate doomsday shelter for under 1 million dollars.

https://homes.yahoo.com/blogs/spaces/luxury-missile-silo-condos-apocalypse-preppers-doomsday-survivalists-survival-191440628.html

It's the end of the world as we know it.

But you'll be fine.

That's the implicit message of the Luxury Survival Condo, which offers a "life assurance" policy to those who can afford it.

That policy comes in the form of a living unit in a decommissioned Kansas missile silo, along with survival training (mandatory), a five-year food supply per occupant, two floors of hydroponic gardens and an aquaculture system to farm fish, a swimming pool, an indoor shooting range, a dog "park," a gym, a game arcade and a "minor surgery center," among other features.

It's all encased in up to 9 feet of special concrete, a "nuclear-hardened" space that plunges 14 stories underground.

A full-floor unit has about 1,800 square feet of living space, costs $3 million and can accommodate six to 10 people, according to the company. A half-floor unit has about 900 square feet, costs $1.5 million and houses three to five people.

Don't bother asking about a mortgage, though; you'll need cash, because most banks won't extend a loan "due to the nature of the project," the company says.

The main condo complex is already sold out, but more than half of a second, under-construction complex is still available, including penthouse units that start at $4.5 million. "These units will be sold out well before they are completed," the company warns, "so do not hesitate to get a unit under contract."

You never know what could happen.

• Members

Years ago there was a radio station owner, Hoyt B. Wooten, who built a bomb shelter that would house his immediate family +. It had independent power, air supply, hidden air inlets and a prison bar type entrance. I thought even before the movie "Dirty Dozen" that whatever keeps others out also keeps some in. As always, there is no complete answer to any problem.

My "real" question is, if you survive a nuclear holocaust with whom shall you celebrate this event? And, why?

Best regards,

RA1