AdamSmith

New antiretroviral injection shows 100% protection rate from HIV

Researchers at Columbia Universitys Mailman School of Public Health have found that an injection of antiretroviral drugs can give 100 percent protection from HIV.

Monkeys were injected with the drugs in two separate trials, with protection lasting a month. However, research suggests that such an injection could last for up to three months, reports the New York Times.

People taking PrEP in the form of a daily Truvada pill have a super-high rate of protection (98 percent), if they take the pill every day. However, the effectiveness of the treatment goes down if you miss multiple doses.

An injection of this kind would erase the fear of missing your daily dose itd just be an injection every few months.

The treatment would be of greatest benefit to serodiscordant couples where one person is HIV-positive and the other is HIV-negative.

Dr Wafaa El-Sadr, an AIDS expert at Colombia, tells the Times that a preliminary human trial is set to start later this year. A larger trial that could lead to widespread usage is still a number of years away.

http://www.queerty.com/new-antiretroviral-injection-shows-100-protection-rate-from-hiv-20140306

Guest itsdannycruz

People taking PrEP in the form of a daily Truvada pill have a super-high rate of protection (98 percent), if they take the pill every day. However, the effectiveness of the treatment goes down if you miss multiple doses.

http://www.queerty.com/new-antiretroviral-injection-shows-100-protection-rate-from-hiv-20140306

An update to one of the studies shows that efficacy may be possible with "on demand" dosage of two tabs 24hrs before sex and then a pill a day for two days after sex.

Guest callipygian

Now if I could just fall in love with a monkey. :smile:

Best regards,

RA1

Loving yourself is the first step to loving anything else even close to that.

I'm not Adam Smith - but If I were, him - I'd take out a restraining order. :poke:

Guest callipygian

Anyone is welcome to approach me and do most anything that suits them.

I find life is, for the most part, delightfully conflict-free that way. :D

Your honor, the defendant, himself, has now provided president to a victim allowing their aggressor to assault them.

We rest,

Guest callipygian

There is no question that people often choose to have NO voice when comments seem to remove them from their very unstated comforts..

Somewhere, sometime, this will require YOU to be you. YES, you:

Really?

Guest callipygian

An update to one of the studies shows that efficacy may be possible with "on demand" dosage of two tabs 24hrs before sex and then a pill a day for two days after sex.

this is an important conversation to have because it requires you to be reckless on the one hand and then devod of science on the other to compensate for that..oops.

there are no second chances for infection. only regretfull hindsight.

that puts you into lifelong infection.

we now what that is. how long does our behavior excuse us from that?

thats who we are. our parties will never prevent our infection of ourseleves.

nobody ever needs to explain to him that the game man whatever age we are

Guest callipygian

hiv blogs to you all because if you're not smart enough to know what it is and how it comes to you God knows I'm not the one to tell you anything about that