AdamSmith

Godless millennials could end the political power of the religious right

Most encouraging.

Godless millennials could end the political power of the religious right

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/oct/26/millennials-godless-politics-religous-conservatives

...The so-called millennials (Americans born between 1982 and 2000) are far more diverse, educated and tolerant than their predecessors. They're also the least religious generation in American history -- they're even getting less religious as they get older, which is unprecedented -- and the majority of them identify Christianity as synonymous with harsh political conservatism.

As older, more religious generations fade away and younger generations replace them, the societal midpoint shifts. And this trend is going to accelerate in coming years, because the millennial generation is big. They're even bigger than the baby boomers...

• Members

I wonder how "they" view radical Islamists?

Using my own non-scientific, subjective observations, I do not see the millennials as being more, in fact less, educated, nor less religious. More diverse and tolerant, maybe.

Oh, well, when the twenty somethings get to their sixties, I shall be long gone.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

I appreciate your diverse, tolerant and educated attitude. Just call me Archie Bunker. However, as that series progressed, so did Archie. So, maybe just call me Ditto. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1