Suckrates

The GAY Ebola Face Mask

• Members

Hmm...it just occurred to me that the ebola virus is transmitted in semen. What other virus do we know that uses that pathway?

No joke, just think about it.

One cute infected Lufhansa pilot hops off his airliner in New York and spends the weekend clubbing. Likes receiving oral, doesn't like rubbers. Can't recall the names of the 8 or 10 or 12 guys who blew him (or the ones in London the week before or the however many in LA 4 days later.).

Good luck rounding that bunch up for quarantine.

Yeah, deal with that.

The one saving point, if the reports have it right, is that by the time an Ebola patient becomes infectious to others, he/she will already have become far too ill to do much of anything other than spew and spit. It is reportedly not transmissible until after the patient has become very visibly sick.

• Members

Or, at least, symptomatic. Kind of gives a new meaning to check to see if your date is hot, as in with a fever.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

AS has it right if reports are correct, and to be clear MsGuy I was talking about the mask NOT the virus. I have yet to hear anyone make the comparison between the AIDS virus and the Ebola virus. If you have a link, I would like to read about it.

P.S. (1) RA1 -- right, transmissible after becoming symptomatic -- not necessarily all the way to deathly sick-looking/acting as I mistakenly said.

(2) Back to a branch off of MsGuy's point: Reports do say that if a male patient survives, the virus remains present in his semen for something like 10 weeks after symptoms go away. So that would make him a transmission risk to the unwary.

• Members

The CDC has now updated its definition of 'symptomatic' to include 99.5 degree fever (> 1 degree of fever). Revised after their fiasco in advising an ebola infected nurse it was fine to continue her jaunt through various airports.

When reading CDC advisories, one should consider that they are doing their best to quiet down an incipient panic here in America. They tend to try to find ways to minimize the dangers.

Unlike HIV, sweat and saliva are also probable vectors for the virus. Think on that one for awhile.

Also ask yourself how strong the clinical evidence is that the hosts aren't infective until they're 'symptomatic'. How is the CDC so certain of this?

Remember this is the same CDC that waited 2 years to advise folks that 95% + of the HIV infections in the US were from unprotected butt sex. By two years, I mean two years after I, a complete layman, deduced the cause and transmission vector from information readily in the newspapers and the like. Think of the tens of thousands of guys who died because of that delay.

Never forget the CDC is a federal bureaucracy subject to 'guidance' from above, not some ivory tower bunch worshiping at the altar of truth.

muslim-man-worshiping-25976556.jpg

• Members

I disagree. I think you are drawing conclusions about the course that this virus will take, that thus far have not proven to be true. From what I have read, this virus is absolutely containable, and is not transmittable the same way that HIV is.

We shall see how this all plays out. I am more confident in its controllability than you are. Even in West Africa they are making progress in that regard.

• Members
I have yet to hear anyone make the comparison between the AIDS virus and the Ebola virus. If you have a link, I would like to read about it.

LOL, I just thought of the comparison less than an hour ago. Scientific American hasn't even completed the peer review process on my article yet. :lol:

See my post above (#8) for the value of reasoning these things out on your own and not necessarily buying all the agit-prop coming out of Atlanta. If anyone is interested I'll walk you through how I figured out what was happening in the early years of the AIDS epidemic. It's really pretty simple, which is what pisses me off the most. I'll never forgive the bastards at CDC for their cowardice.

• Members

CDC and NIH are two bureaucratic birds of a feather. There are many others in the federal bureaucratic alphabet soup. I suppose it is committee rule raised to the ultimate. EVERYTHING takes too long, from approving new drugs to providing timely and accurate information to the public.

This is one of my complaints about liberals. They think the government can fix everything. They cannot. Sorry.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

LOL, I just thought of the comparison less than an hour ago. Scientific American hasn't even completed the peer review process on my article yet. :lol:

See my post above (#8) for the value of reasoning these things out on your own and not necessarily buying all the agit-prop coming out of Atlanta. If anyone is interested I'll walk you through how I figured out what was happening in the early years of the AIDS epidemic. It's really pretty simple, which is what pisses me off the most. I'll never forgive the bastards at CDC for their cowardice.

In regards to the CDC, I couldn't agree more. I wouldn't believe them if their tongue came notarized. I prefer to believe what Dr. Piot has written about the Ebola virus.

• Members

I disagree. I think you are drawing conclusions about the course that this virus will take, that thus far have not proven to be true. From what I have read, this virus is absolutely containable, and is not transmittable the same way that HIV is.

We shall see how this all plays out. I am more confident in its controllability than you are. Even in West Africa they are making progress in that regard.

I also am confident a virus of this type can be contained but not, perhaps, with the ease the CDC projects. Remember all their prior experience is based on incidents occurring in isolated bush villages in Central Africa, not on its transmission patterns in the much more densely populated territory in West Africa. One of the reasons Western governments have been so slow to react is the the CDC and the UN health bureaucrats were advising them that the epidemic would burn itself out the same way it always has before.

I do question the integrity of the CDC.

Right now I'm not projecting anything, I'm asking questions and trying to reason things through. At present I don't have enough solid information to come to any solid conclusions. LOL, give me a break, man, it took me almost a year to figure out HIV; I've only been working on this one for a day or two. :P

It does occur to me that AIDS is also spread exclusively through contact with bodily fluids and that hasn't stopped it from spreading all over the place.

Re: the gummint's overriding interest in tamping down panic, a physician acquaintance of mine observed that the CDC is playing down Ebola's similarities to another virus spread by contact with fluids from an infected person: the common cold.

Which we most often contract by touching a surface after an infected person has touched it, then putting our fingers in our mouth or eyes

(or nose :sick: ). NOT primarily by the airborne/aerosol route.

This doc further says the Ebola virus is rather a lot hardier and more long-lived in the environment than the CDC is making out -- making it much more like the cold virus than like HIV, which is extremely fragile outside the body.

• Members
This doc further says the Ebola virus is rather a lot hardier and more long-lived in the environment than the CDC is making out

I've read that's it's a fairly durable virus myself. Didn't realize the CDC was downplaying this aspect of the disease.

What cowardly ass-holes they are.

Guest callipygian

This doc further says the Ebola virus is rather a lot hardier and more long-lived in the environment than the CDC is making out -- making it much more like the cold virus than like HIV, which is extremely fragile outside the body.

To be fair and accurate, I think most doctors are referring to regions of the world where there is little to no sanitation infrastructures in place; such as clean running water, toilets etc., coupled with a weak or non-existent public health infrastructure.

It's a good thing people are talking about this, because this is probably not only a wake up call to our public health officials to get their shit together - but a dress rehearsal for something much larger and something much more deadly and communicable down the road.

But please, the media misinformation which is stirring the pot of fear is just reckless and irresponsible.