MsGuy

Fangate (File Under "Only in America"

• Members

Just when you thought American politics couldn't get any more ridiculous, along comes fangate.

At the start of their televised debate, it seems that Gov. Scott threw a 7 minute hissy fit over the presence of a fan under former Gov. Christ's podium. After he sulked backstage for what must have seemed like an eternity of airtime, somebody sane in the Florida Gov.'s camp managed to push him out from behind the curtains.

In all fairness to the Gov. it should be said that Christ has some kind of phobia about sweating and Scott had stipulated in the debate agreement that no fans would be allowed. I guess he had been counting on hot stage lighting keeping Christ rattled during the debate.

Christ's fan, a portable Vornado Ait Circulator, has maintained a discreet silence about how it sneaked on stage. (It has its own twitter account, so maybe it will make a statement for the record later.)

Guest callipygian

Just when you thought American politics couldn't get any more ridiculous, along comes fangate.

At the start of their televised debate, it seems that Gov. Scott threw a 7 minute hissy fit over the presence of a fan under former Gov. Christ's podium. After he sulked backstage for what must have seemed like an eternity of airtime, somebody sane in the Florida Gov.'s camp managed to push him out from behind the curtains.

In all fairness to the Gov. it should be said that Christ has some kind of phobia about sweating and Scott had stipulated in the debate agreement that no fans would be allowed. I guess he had been counting on hot stage lighting keeping Christ rattled during the debate.

Christ's fan, a portable Vornado Ait Circulator, has maintained a discreet silence about how it sneaked on stage. (It has its own twitter account, so maybe it will make a statement for the record later.)

I thought it would be fun to take a ride on the Dilbert train. I had exact change, it was late and there were few, if any, on the train - so I hopped on:

post-127928-0-42652400-1414628330_thumb.

Hmmmmm. Crist V. Christ. What could possibly be the difference here?

post-127928-0-03847300-1414628818_thumb.

Christ Crist

Now while I'm certain that Charlie Crist would love an endorsement from Jesus Christ right about now, I have to doubt that will happen. But in your absence, I'll be as Christ-Like as I can be and cast my vote for Charlie.

Oh, and by the way, I'll also be voting thumbs up for this!

http://ballotpedia.org/Florida_Right_to_Medical_Marijuana_Initiative,_Amendment_2_%282014%29

post-127928-0-39303900-1414631183_thumb.

• Members

Got me! :pinch:

You know, I remember initially I typed "Christy" but then that didn't look right and besides (lurking around in the back of what's left of my brain) I had an idea that there was some fluffy governor in New Jersey with a name something like that.

1381345969000-XXX-GOVTOWNHALL0116D.jpg

So, long story short, I shortened it to "Christ" and that looked better and I went with it. More fool me. :(

It's a good thing BoyToy remembers my login code for me. (sigh)