Suckrates

The Future of "Fashion Police"

• Members

This may be a bit premature, but I am sure we all wonder what will become of Fashion Police now that Joan is no longer with us?

Let me be the first to say that Joan WAS Fashion Police, and Fashion Police WAS Joan, and therefore, she is an irreplaceable part of the show, and in that sense, The show as it is, should NOT continue.

However, I do LOVE the premise of the show, looked forward to it each week, and believe it is integral to POP Culture as we know it.

I suggest the show be revamped, keeping its core, but giving it a new twist, that being Revolving guest hosts, who would ALL be female comedians except for 1, who with their presence would honor the legacy

of Joan, carry-on her torch, and give us all the biting bitchiness we crave. Women like Kathy Griffin, Margaet Cho, Lisa Lampinelli, Whoopie, Sarah Silverman, BETTY WHITE, and the outrageous Ru Paul, who I consider a great female comedian when in his drag mode. Revolving hosts would give the show new perspective, keep it fresh and interesting, and while many of these women are not the Fashionsita that Joan was, I think that is the secondary part of the show. They all certainly know how to "rip a bitch to shreds"....

Joan, I love and miss you, and thank you for the many loud bellylaugh outbursts I've experienced while watching you. May you rest in Eternal Comedy Peace ! :angel::devil:

• Members

I had read in interview with a couple of her striking writers months ago. The writing team had to gave her up to 20 jokes tochoose from for each photograph. I think it was her finely-tuned sense of timing, knowledge and experience of what worked that made the jokes and the show what they were. Who else has built up the cred as well as would then go ahead and go all the way with the outrageous insults?

Rickles can make me piss my pants sometimes but the notion that he knows or cares the first thing about fashion -- well, just look at his bow tie in that pic.

When I met Joan and she made that crack about her jacket (actually suit of jacket and pants I think) costing $4000, it was easy to believe. One of the most gorgeously dressed people I've ever seen.

• Members

It really should continue as a female dominant show. George is enuf of a lady/man to fill the void..... Joan created and built the show, other female comedians she leaves in her dust should honor her by continuing her legacy. Although I love fashion, I really didnt watch the show for that. I watched to see who be be skewered and How.

Columnist Cindy Adams reports in today's NYPost that one female comedian made a blatant attempt to take over hosting duties for Fashion Police!

Two different people report that, while Joan was still comatose, another comedienne already pushed for her E-TV “Fashion Police” show. Nice, right? No business like show business. Replacements begin when a star coughs.