TotallyOz

Stop the Insanity over Weed

Jackie Chan's son was arrested in China. He may go to jail for a long time. Why? He was caught smoking weed. OMG Such a horrible thing?

I am not sure where the world got so insane that this is what time, money and effort is spent on. It is like driving a bit over the speed limit. Do you really need to arrest someone going 56 in a 55? Is it necessary to arrest anyone for having a bit of weed and a party now and again?

I do realize that I started this post about China but it is the same in the USA in most places. A drug arrest for marijuana is a drug felony record conviction that stays on your record for life. Total insanity. Perhaps it is just that I like to toke from time to time. But, I don't drink. I have never been drunk. I have never done Crystal or Meth or Cocaine or Extasy or any other hard drug. But, I have had over 101 varieties of weed and not once did I attempt to try anything else that was more hard core and not once did I ever decide I wanted to get drunk (family issues there).

Perhaps I did eat a bit too many potato chips but at the end of the day, with society on the brink of destruction and the climate on the verge of collapse, is having a few potato chips such a bad thing? ^_^

• Members

The #1 problem about weed or any drug or self indulgence is how it affects others. While I may wish you did not abuse your body or mind, it is your business until and unless it begins to affect me or others. Then it can become everyone's business.

Surely you do not want the ship's captain or airline captain or driver in the lane next to you to being "partying" while on duty. OK, so you are alright with partying after hours? How long to recover? 8 hours sleep is not enough to recover from many recognized party habits.

Therefore, do we have different standards for those who hold the public trust in one way or another? In some ways we already do and in other ways we ignore what we don't want to know. Pols are thought to be held to different or double standards and so are many others.

So, what is the answer? Party during one's vacation for 1-2 weeks and then refrain during the rest of the year?

Best regards,

RA1