AdamSmith

LD50

• Members

Darn, I thought this was going to be a treatise about Lift over Drag usually written as L/D = 50. Of course, that would be an eye opening number but one can hope. ^_^

I am totally in favor of not using animals for testing. There are plenty of test subjects standing or leaning against your favorite neighborhood bar. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

I sure hope that the alcohol statistics are given to all incoming freshmen in Collage. It always kills me when I hear of a youth drinking himself to death. My heart also goes out to the idiots who egged him on. Imagine living with this the rest of your life.

I saw this in College first hand and consider myself lucky that I was never involved in pushing someone too far. It scares me how close I came to being one of those idiots.

• Members

Well now, for purpose of argument only, suppose that 1 kg. = 2.2 lbs and 1 liter = .26 gallons (1 quart or so near who cares?).

Let us further assume 1liter = 1 litre and that our dear AS has a recent history of citing unreliable sources to support alarmist assertions of supposed scientific fact.

Using the table set forth in post #1 above, can we safely conclude that a 165 lb man has a 50/50 chance of dropping dead after slamming 6 quarts of water?

Or is it more likely that www.compoundchem.com has overstated the consequences of the electrolyte imbalance which will result from ingesting the specified amount of water?

----

The reader is advised results may vary and not to attempt to determine the question experimentally, except under strict medical supervision.

====

Actually, since I hereby disclaim any liability for the actions of my readers, you may want to go ahead and give it a try. Let us know how it turns out, if at all possible. :P

• Members

If that opening chart shows anything, I think it's the danger of sticking to a single substance. If one took a more balanced approach and imbibed a third of each of the three, say four or five shots, two liters of water, and forty cups of coffee, this would track pretty close to a typical evening during Finals Week. 8.gif

• Members

Slurred you, did I?

Well, unlike a certain boyToy poster who has a recent history here of refusing to own to his clearly demonstrated error, I not only freely admit that you caught me out, I further humbly beseech your pardon:

I have no idea whether 1 liter actually ='s 1 litre and I introduced this entirely unsupported assumption solely to poke fun at your post.

Without that wobbly assumption, my whole theoretical construct obviously fails and for this I apologize.

Shall we just call it even and put our late unfortunate exchanges behind us?

Axe-1.jpg

• Members

Offering to bury the hatchet in AS's skull doesn't count as a peace offering. No one I know is that far into S&M. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1