wayout

July 23: National Hot Dog Day

• Members

Whatever your preference for hot dog style might be, hope everyone has the chance to enjoy one (or more) today, July 23, National Hot Dog Day.

Few things can beat those from the street vendors.....

hot-dog-vendor-cart.jpg

Except this perhaps....

h_320_240_a-real-hot-cock-dog-gets-serve

And what is wrong with this picture below?878HotdogAnyone.JPG

The answer is provided by Dirty Harry in this clip:

• Members

My favorite hot dog is the mini doxie owned by my sister in FL, other than those firmly attached to nice young men. ^_^

DH is wrong. We have a family friend who puts catsup on everything, I think even a previous serving of catsup. ^_^

Otherwise, I completely agree, especially on hamburgers.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest CharliePS

My favorite hot dog is the mini doxie owned by my sister in FL, other than those firmly attached to nice young men. :smile:

DH is wrong. We have a family friend who puts catsup on everything, I think even a previous serving of catsup. :smile:

Otherwise, I completely agree, especially on hamburgers.

Best regards,

RA1

I remember an old joke in which a Southerner says all Northerners are Yankees. A Northerner says Yankees are New Englanders. A New Englander says Yankees are from Vermont. And a Vermonter says a Yankee is someone who puts catsup on fried potatoes.

• Members

AS-

I have to assume you mean entirely or mainly because of the relish? The site didn't offer any insight into why those might be the best hot dogs. Have you ever watched hot dogs being produced? It could choke a maggot. ^_^

Please elucidate.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

I typically get a hankering for a hot dog once every decade or so.

Wayout's video convinces me I've been overconsuming by at least a factor of ten. smiley-sick007.gif

In fairness though, every time I've watched industrial production of a foodstuff containing animal products, I've sworn them off for years.

• Members

Yes, the relish.

Also the vibe of the place. Their Yelp reviews about capture it: http://www.yelp.com/biz/flos-hot-dogs-cape-neddick

Sounds like a great place and if I am ever in the neighborhood I will stop by. I read some of the yelp reviews and especially liked the following comment/review:

Make sure you follow the ordering rules- you'll be asked "how many?" And you answer with the number if hot dogs you want (protip: order more than you think you want. You'll want more and you won't want to stand in line again), and that's it. Later, you'll be asked (with the number of hot dogs you ordered), "five? What do you want?" And you answer with the toppings you want. Order the House- it's delightful. The Loaded is great too, but I like the House better. Don't forget to get a can of Moxie... When in Rome, right? Get your hot dogs and move on outside.

Reminded me of Seinfeld and ordering from the Soup Nazi ^_^