Brasil in September

Guest Driver

Well i blew off my Spain trip and rescheduled for Brasil;

Schedule

London to Rio 31/8 to 11/9

Porto Alegre 11/9 to 14/9

Porto Alegre to Sao Paulo to London 14/9

Thanks always to Tomcal for advice.

Trying to get a Rio apartment from a site recommended by you guys for ten days.

Guest Driver

I took an apartment linked by Lurker, it had a minimum stay of ten days so that pretty much sorted my itinerary. I will stay at the Mercure Manhattan in Porto Alegre as recommended by Tomcal as his #2 choice. The only reason I didn't take the Sheraton was lack of free wifi. As a Brit abroad, data roaming is not an option in Brasil.

I think i will use this thread as my preparation thread and questions, then start a new thread when i'm there with reviews and pictures.

Guest Driver

So a few questions;

It has been a few years since I have been to Rio, has 117, Meia Mundo or Point 202 changed significantly?

i know 202 may be on it's last legs but i shall probably go there once for old times sakes.

Last time I was at 117, the basement was a bar and they had introduced cabins with sex seats, some sort of curved arrangement that we never tried.

MM had all their bar sofas covered in a plastic wrap.

Do they have free wifi yet?

I will try to photograph the men i go with, has anyone had any problems getting the guys to pose for a photo?

• Members

Meio Mundo now costs 40Reais entry.

And Clube 117 is now up to 50Reais.

Both saunas have a Cavalete in some of the rooms/suites.

MM bar has vinyl covered banquets that run the length of the room.

Haven't been to 117 since last year. But when last there, part of the bar had been built out with more suites with part left as a second TV room with the bar at times staffed, more often not. There is a round bed in the center of the space, chairs and tables, sofa along the walls, all of which is fairly private and a good place to get to know the boy even more intimately before deciding to actually get a suite.

Have not been to 202 since 2007.

MM does not have wifi.

Guest Driver

Well my travels start soon.

On the plus side there is a small chance I may get upgraded on my flight (friend of a friend).

On the negative side, I land at my connection airport towards the end of a strike by ground staff. With just two hours connections time (albeit at the same terminal), I may make it but will my luggage?

I think i will miss Corujinha restaurant, it was nice to be able to head there after the sauna and chill and watch the world go by.