Guest EXPAT

Vicious coming to PBS June 29th

Guest EXPAT

http://www.pbs.org/program/vicious/

Vicious tells the story of partners Freddie (Ian McKellen) and Stuart (Derek Jacobi), who have lived together in a small central London flat for nearly 50 years. Constantly picking each other apart and holding on to petty slights for decades, Freddie and Stuart are always at each other’s throats, cracking snide remarks aimed at the other’s age, appearance and flaws. However, underneath their vicious, co-dependent fighting, they have a deep love for one another. Freddie and Stuart are often joined by feisty best friend Violet (Frances de la Tour, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) and Ash (Iwan Rheon, “Game of Thrones”), their young, upstairs neighbor.

• Members

Can't wait for this. Thanks!

One of my favorite Frasier episodes features Derek Jacobi as an unrepentant ham who managed to impress the Crane boys when they were in grade school. Here, to their chagrin, and only after they had booked a theater and sold all the tickets for his return to the stage, they learn how easily impressed they had been:

• Members

OK, it's 9:00 pm, CST, and Vicious is just starting on PBS.

Oh and there's a cute 20-something living upstairs from the flat who seems to be a regular. With any luck maybe he will find frequent occasions to take off some clothes.

• Members

Best line tonight:

"I'm never quite sure if I'm stepping over the line...But I so much enjoy it when I do!"

In short: pretty bad. And tedious. And too damn English.

And the kid upstairs kept all his clothes on and announced he was straight.

Guest zipperzone

I thought it was very funny, a bit over the top, so to speak, but then so was Faulty Towers.

The British are much more adventurous in their sit-coms that the crap we produce.

And as for the cute boy upstairs - what a hottie, although I doubt if we will get to see any skin there.