Guest Driver

Driver returns to Brasil (maybe)

Guest Driver

It has been some years since I last visited Brasil. (if i had not put my passport in the washing machine by mistake I would know how long). I mostly used to go September but it's tentatively looking like a December visit this year.

I had heard Tomcal talk about Porto Alegre and seeing the photos of some of the guys makes me realise I need to include this in my itinerary.

A few questions;

Has anyone had experience of Brasil over Chrismas New year? ie any day taxis don't run?

If i can't get to Porto Alegre for a Saturday, is it not worth going to PA?

Can someone link me apartment rental for Rio please? Probably for a Mon to Fri Rental

thank you

Guest lurkerspeaks

the only answer I have for you firsthand would be the one for apartment rental... Here is an agency that I used before. Tomcal also has used them many times.. http://www.rioapartmentrental.com/.. another apartment that I rented before with a GREAT location is https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/17878?s=DFbg There are many other options on airbnb website..

As far as PA goes, I have not been there, but Tomcal has said several times that it is a weekend city if you are going for the sauna scene. Of course Tomcal has his own stable of boys in most of the Brazilian cities, so he can have company any day of the week. He always recommending going to PA for Friday and Saturday nights..then back to Rio

• Members

the only answer I have for you firsthand would be the one for apartment rental... Here is an agency that I used before. Tomcal also has used them many times.. http://www.rioapartmentrental.com/.. another apartment that I rented before with a GREAT location is https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/17878?s=DFbg There are many other options on airbnb website..

As far as PA goes, I have not been there, but Tomcal has said several times that it is a weekend city if you are going for the sauna scene. Of course Tomcal has his own stable of boys in most of the Brazilian cities, so he can have company any day of the week. He always recommending going to PA for Friday and Saturday nights..then back to Rio

Also check out http://www.airbnb.com. A friend of mine plans to be in Rio in August and has booked a very, very, very welll-appointed apartment through this firm. I used it last fall when I was in Berlin and Barcelona. Both apartments were great, and the prices were definitely right! Rio might be a tinge different since you plan to be there during the high season!

I have been to PA many times and loved it. The weekends are amazing and lots of fun. I have also been there on the weekdays and had fun. But, it only takes one or two for me to have a great time. I need need 5 or 10 per day like others. ^_^ LOL

The apartment rental places you see listed above are good to use. Many use them and seem to prefer traveling that way.

I have also been in Rio for the Xmas and New Years break. Great time and good fun. Many of the boys were not there for work but others showed up. Many go home for Xmas and have other commitments. I had a blast in Rio for New Years but I loved the beach and the fireworks, etc.

• Members

ok this topic is closed for now - only because i booked for September so will be opening a new thread

Driver, welcome back! It has been many a year since you posted here! September is a great time to go to Brasil. I went once during the latter part followed by other years in October; in 2003 I went to Carnaval in February. To date I think I've been to Brasil [all over] a total of ten times during the 2000s. ...desire to go again, possibly in 2015 or 2016 after the Olympics!

Guest Driver

I used the apartment that Lurker linked. Yes i think i went in the regio of five to seven times in the end. Was lucky to be at the party at the Atlantico too. If memory serves, my invites got used by someone else who got carried away.

• Members

Renew and reinvigorate and enjoy immensely! ...wish I were able to travel to Rio de janeiro and a few other places now, but other travels trump my returning to South America at this particular time!! A good amigo of mine, my traveling partner and I discussed Rio briefly last eve. Oh, well!

Fond memories will last forever with me when it comes to Rio!