Guest hitoallusa

These kids are so cute

• Members

This is just another example of how many of today's youth view LGBT!

When Lance Black won his Oscar for having written 'MILK'-- he returned to the high school from which he was graduated. In fact, it was at the school where I taught for some 34 years prior to my retirement some twelve years ago! My good friend and colleague had Lance speak to the students in her AP English classes; she also participated in the program which was held inside of the large gym in recognition of Lance's achievements. But to "cut to the chase," she relayed to me that Lance was highly received and acknowledged by the students; there were no homophobic displays, and this alum was treated with honor and respect by all of these youngsters.

I was elated to hear what she, my friend, shared with me.

While at the school, I never "came out" directly to the students, but I did, indirectly especially when I taught seniors. One year I showed about five gay-related [appropriate] films and had the students to write and discuss in reference to the established theme of Senior English. I only had one student who walked out of one of the showing: she was Mormon or a Jehovah Witness or Penecostal. When she returned I gave her an alternative assignment without any malice on my part!

Yes, today's students [for the most part] are the type of young folk that all of us can applaud!

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my axiom I didn't know you were an English teacher. I still remember my 8th grade English teacher. He was so cute and nice although he smelled a bit funny. I would skip classes just to get a private exam with him..

Guest PasadenaCA

Oh my axiom I didn't know you were an English teacher. I still remember my 8th grade English teacher. He was so cute and nice although he smelled a bit funny. I would skip classes just to get a private exam with him..

You smelled your teachers? I am intrigued. Go on.

You smelled your teachers? I am intrigued. Go on.

I did too -- we're in close enough quarters together, day after day. I still recall the slightly musky perfume my favorite (female, as it happened) 11th-grade English teacher wore.

Also the usually rank BO coming off our favorite 8th-grade math teacher who also ran the chess club. We all thought it was hilarious, and just one more of his eccentricities.

• Members

I wonder how long science has known about pheromones? I know they work on me, especially when worn by an attractive young man in close proximity. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Also the usually rank BO coming off our favorite 8th-grade math teacher who also ran the chess club. We all thought it was hilarious, and just one more of his eccentricities.

Which in turn reminds me of Mr. Mook, my 11th/12th grade journalism teacher. Short, squat homely guy about 45/50 years old, single, usually needed a shave and a haircut and to tuck in his shirt tails of his unpressed white dress shirt. He had a closet sized office attached to the back of his classroom where he kept various journalism supplies, a Mr. Coffee machine with really vile coffee (you know, the kind with a shiny oily sheen floating on the top), a small desk and in the bottom right hand drawer, a bottle of booze.

He was a pretty good journalism teacher, truth be told, but by mid afternoon he was usually three sheets to the wind. I can't say I blamed him, it must have taken a hefty slug of bourbon to make that coffee palatable. And he had a coffee mug in his hand from first period on. :whistle:

The student paper staff were all happy with him because he left us to put out the paper totally unsupervised. We put in whatever we wanted. He did ask us that one time not to put stuff in that would get him trouble with the school board, but he never bothered to read, much less edit/censor, the paper :lol: .

Hooray for Jim Beam and teacher tenure laws! :P

• Members

I thought it was snips and snails and puppy dog tails and/or sugar and spice and everything nice? ^_^

Best regards,

RA1