Guest ButtWilde

Lookin

Guest ButtWilde

Since I mainly just read and not post here I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about Lookin. He has not posted here in quite some time and I always enjoyed his humor and view on life.

Guest hitoallusa

I miss Lookin too. Where art thou Lookin??? Where should I look for to my Lookin? He wrote something happening in June on the other post but didn't get what he meant.. :smile:

Guest zipperzone

While we're on the subject of "missing in action" does anyone know the latest on 4aces? I think his silence does not bode well.

And while we're at it... Where is Lucky?

Guest zipperzone

Lucky is here, zipperzone. Thank you for asking, but my secret came out some time ago.

Are you saying that Lucky & Paragon are one and the same? :mellow:

Am I just being obtuse?

Guest Paragon

You are not being obtuse, you read it correctly The person behind Lucky (me) decided that it was time for a change. How well that succeeded is debatable, but it didn't take long for folks who know me well to figure it out.

How well that succeeded is debatable,

Indeed. ^_^

I offer that out of more good will than you would credence, probably. But I do.

But your accurate reading of me gave me more help than I have said before.

If I could return the favor...

• Members

But your accurate reading of me gave me more help than I have said before.

If I could return the favor...

Sez AdamSmith as he masses troops on Paragon's eastern march.

RFtroopsnearUkraine.jpg

Diplomats flurry about in a last minute effort to maintain the peace. The world anxiously awaits.

Actually the world seems otherwise occupied. But then isn't that always the case until the first bomb goes off.

• Members
Since I mainly just read and not post here I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about Lookin. He has not posted here in quite some time and I always enjoyed his humor and view on life.
Thanks ever so for the kind words! Turns out I've been just as fine as frog fur.

e817d2c2.jpg

Easter weekend, I got a nasty PM from a poster who took exception to my penultimate post and thought I was mocking him. It began with an inquiry as to . . . just who the fuck do you think you are? and it went downhill from there.
It was all the encouragement I needed to turn my attention away from the Boards for a spell and towards my own back yard, where I discovered that some very invasive ivy was threatening to overwhelm the last of a native species that I've always liked a lot. I've since been using the freed up time to tackle the interloper, one green can at a time, and am happy to report that the natives are beginning to return in full force, in spite of a doozy of a drought. hypnotised_01.gif

pcd0880_img00371367283611133.jpg

Every time I sink down on my hands and knees to deal with an encroaching root system, I think of you fine folks and hope all is oojah cum spiff. Glad to see so many of my favorite posters delivering some new favorite posts. :thumbsup:
Again, thanks for the shout out, and I look forward to returning just as soon as I've figured out how to become a bit less offensive. Perhaps I could hustle me up a good PR firm. :rolleyes:

justin-bieber-arrested-csi.jpg

Guest Paragon

You know, once upon a time, I posted an inquiry to see I could get more lurkers to participate in the forums. I even asked them to PM me if they wanted to say why they didn't post. This didn't go over well with everyone, including the oh-so innocent Lookin. Now he says here that I "thought" he was mocking me. Here's his comment about my attempt:

You lurkers need to start posting! I wanna hear from you!! PM me!!!

Who croaked and left him boss? . . . Please, don't ruffle his feathers.

So Lookin wanted to know who croaked and left me boss? I have no idea why he though that I was trying to usurp the powers that be by encouraging lurkers to post, but obviously he did. Now he says I only thought he was mocking me, but the comment is nothing if not mockery. Now he quotes partially from a private message, which is supposed to be exactly that- private. I still think it's a valid question though. Who the fuck does he think he is to make the decision on what I am allowed to post? Who croaked and made him boss? Am I not allowed to post as I wish? Am I not allowed to encourage lurkers to post?

I haven't missed Lookin. If he is going to so thin-skinned, maybe he needs to find a shuffleboard game.

Guest ButtWilde

I'm very happy to hear that you are well and toiling in the good earth Lookin!

It is this lurkers opinion that Lucky, now paragon, was someone who when he got bored, intentionally stirred up troble and pitted people against others for his own amusement, then whined when someone stood up to him.

Anyway, thats's one reason I don't really post here, but I'm not that much into getting into this kind of mix so I just enjoy the posts as they come and go.

Again, Lookin, good to hear you're well!

Guest zipperzone

I haven't missed Lookin. If he is going to so thin-skinned, maybe he needs to find a shuffleboard game.

Don't let Lookin's thin-skin bother you Lucky.

Trust me - He isn't the most touchy one around these here parts.

But I have to add that I have always enjoyed Lookin's sense of humour.

Guest Paragon

Buttwide, I doubt very much that you are a lurker. You picked that name so you could hide behind it and not have your regular user name attached to it. The same with Scorpio, who "likes" your post. We never hear from him- he doesn't post here. Well, he did once when he wanted to attack me, then he went quiet again. The one thing about me is that you don't find me using the screen names to hide behind it. People know where I stand.

And think about this. This site has about a dozen regular posters. To encourage lurkers to post should be lauded. But, I'll be the first to admit the effort failed. Why is it that people don't want to post here? I guarantee you it's not because of me any more than it is because of you.

Thank you, zipperzone. I have a pretty thick skin.

Am I not allowed to post as I wish?

I think this about gets to the point. You certainly are. But uniquely among posters here, you can't resist lecturing others on how and what they should post.

Why?

This to me seems contrary to the spirit and nature of public message boards. We say what the fuck comes to our minds at the moment of posting.

I've said this to you before, much to the point of becoming tiresome: if you want a forum to be different, post more yourself of the content you would like to see.

But instead, you hector other posters to do what you want. My shrink has a specific term for that pathology:

He wants to legislate reality.

The underlying pathologies in that urge are obvious, I think.

None of that is to deny my own pathologies, needless to say. Just to differentiate them.

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my AS I need to see your shrink.. Legislating reality is something I do too... I need a good listener... After talking I somehow find answers or have different perspectives on things by myself so I want one who can listen and not force his or her opinion on me.. ^_^ Basically who understands me I guess..

Anyways I love both Lookin and Lucky.. We all think and act differently so trying to understand why others act in a certain way could be difficult. There is no right or wrong here in my opinion. Just some differences in how we perceive things and deal with conflicts. I personally think Lookin didn't do anything wrong.. And there is nothing wrong with Lucky's response. They simply view things differently and disagree. It happens everywhere and everyday.

I am glad lookin is here. He is one of the few posters I have to read their post more than once to get the underlying subtle zaniness. My psychiatrist told me that this helps with brain something or the other developing and expanding. I was hoping after reading more from him that I would be able to go from my 140IQ to the next level of artificial intelligence.

post-100001-0-55064000-1402372431_thumb.

Guest PasadenaCA

Easter weekend, I got a nasty PM from a poster who took exception to my penultimate post and thought I was mocking him. It began with an inquiry as to . . . just who the fuck do you think you are? and it went downhill from there.

On one or two other boards, I have received a private message of a highly offensive nature on something I posted in a public forum. I've always cut and pasted that message, together with the identity of the author, into the thread to which he or she referred. I view it as part of the conversation. It gives the author full credit for the private message on a public topic. Just as that author has the right to determine what should be private, I enjoy the same right to decide what should be public. The action shuts the person up and outs a cowardly bully.

A reasoned and reasonable response is a totally different matter: that's private. If somebody wants to use anonymity to discuss and abuse me, I will cast a veto and invite the public to view the spectacle.

Just my two cents.

Guest Paragon

"I've said this to you before, much to the point of becoming tiresome: if you want a forum to be different, post more yourself of the content you would like to see."

Yes, posting more is exactly what this thread is trying to get me to do. Hmmm, sneaky!

I don't know what to say other than I am sorry this happened to you. I can't imagine this and it saddens me to know that someone would PM such a message.

Guest Paragon

Well, it doesn't sadden me. Simply asking "who the fuck do you ink you are?" after a person has publicly mocked you is not out of order. However, Lookin can now return as it has been made clear that I am not welcome here. The 12 of you have fun together, hear?