AdamSmith

Johnny B Goode

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AEq62iQo0eU

So just an in fucking credible example, one among tens of thousands (he performed live incessantly, and still does) of Chuck Berry's live performance genius.

I saw him in a like 300-audience venue in New Haven in 1981. Ahhh. Best live performance ever. (He made the prior month's huge silliness I had seen by Billy Idol at Wolf Trap Farm look like a Richie Rich cartoon.)

Like: how he loves playing intimately to a small venue. Loves fucking with his own lyrics -- they are not Canonical Text (but in being Fuckable With, they ARE -- as an English major, I love him.)

Like, 'Havana Moon' is a major continuation of the English/American Romantic poetic line.

Etc., etc.!!

Here a clip from the project where Keith Richards got Chuck to collaborate. And Chuck fucks around with him, but then drops into dead serious performing mode. Insisting Keith get his chops up to scratch in how to bend the notes in 'Carol.' The only musician on earth who could have anything to teach Keith Richards -- and whom Richards would take it from.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ClgtoM2RwQY

• Members

Love his facial expressions...fantastic. Just listened to an hour of music on you tube because of this thread. Tina Turner & Proud Mary, Allman Brothers Whipping Post, Jerry Lee Lewis Whole lot of Shakin' going on (1957) and Chuck Berry Maybellene (1955) & Roll over Beethoven