Guest PasadenaCA

I Wanna Marry Harry

Guest PasadenaCA

A 'reality' show in which 12 girls compete for the hand of Prince Harry--at least that's what the think. I'll watch it. It premieres tomorrow night on Fox. I'll also give it three episodes before it's canceled.

http://youtu.be/MwhHVNuHdjM

He doesn't remotely resemble Harry to me, but then I've seen him naked.

Guest EXPAT

I hate hate TV like this. I avoid all reality shows. Now that we are in the summer, it's a lot of reality crap every where.

• Members

not+amused.jpg

I agree that he doesn't really look that much like Harry. I have learned to never underestimate the bad taste of the public in their viewing pleasures so I wouldn't bet against this being a success....all I know is I won't be watching it.

Guest PasadenaCA

I agree that he doesn't really look that much like Harry. I have learned to never underestimate the bad taste of the public in their viewing pleasures so I wouldn't bet against this being a success....all I know is I won't be watching it.

I hope there's a lot of alcohol involved, so those poor women have an excuse as to why they didn't realize it was a scam. If they checked what they signed, I bet there's an indication of what the show's about. Maybe that's the threshold: if you say "Wait, it mightn't even be the real Prince Harry," you're out (and not in a good way).

Guest PasadenaCA

My guess is that they all know, and just act like they don't. They aren't the fools, the people who bother to tune in are.

You're way too generous!

Guest PasadenaCA

It's on tonight. Shows like this one often attract an audience for the first week, then ratings plummet. I am curious to see how they can make the theme fresh and entertaining. There's only so much even the best writer can do with one joke.

Guest PasadenaCA

I don't think so. Most americans are morons who are unaware that the 'reality' shows they watch are scripted.

There are a few unscripted reality shows. This one is likely unscripted, but heavily coached. I do expect that the young ladies genuinely believe he is the real Prince Harry.

Guest zipperzone

There are a few unscripted reality shows. This one is likely unscripted, but heavily coached. I do expect that the young ladies genuinely believe he is the real Prince Harry.

Then they must have a double digit IQ

• Members

I watched the show--most of it. It needs to be canceled right away.

You may get your wish....if not right away then hopefully soon. It had terrible ratings and a significant drop off from the lead in show (American Idol). As the article below points out, it was up against some heavy hitting finales. So I imagine another week or so and it may be gone.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/21/i-wanna-marry-harry-ratings/