BigK

Any Reviews Scorial Rio Hotel 5/17 Arrival $138/night

• Members

Hotel.com has the lowest price room at $120 vs. $138 on the above site + mentions that the breakfast is included.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest lurkerspeaks

My question for you would be what all are you planning on doing during your time in Rio? If you want to do the "touristy" type stuff, you would probably be more comfortable in either Copacabana or Ipanema. In those areas, there are plenty of restaurants, bars, beaches, shops, etc to occupy your days. The priceline page states that this hotel is in a residential area. One thing that is a positive (for some Rio-visitors) is that this hotel is quite a bit closer to the saunas 117 and Meio Mundo..

Here is a map of the Rio subway system..

Map-of-Rio-de-Janeiro-Map-English-Versio

Ipanema is labeled "Ipanema/Praca Gen Osario. Copacabana is the Cantagalo thru Cardeal Arcoverde stops.

The 117 Sauna is at the Gloria stop, while Meio Mundo is at the Uruguaiana stop..And the Priceline blurb on this hotel mentioned it was located at the Largo de Machado stop.

• Members

You've got an old map there, LurkerSpeaks. The Uruguai stop at the end of Line 1/Linha 1 has already opened. Quite nice for a subway stop inside.

As to the hotel, I know exactly where it is located, have passed it more times than I can count. Very, very close to Largo do Machado and from there really easy to get to the beach at Farme de Amoedo. Walking distance to 117. Also three non-rent saunas in Catete even closer than 117, if the urge strikes. Sauna Catete on Correa Dutra is especially nice with four floors and private rooms to rent. And open all night 24/7 on weekends and holidays. My best friend met his lover of four years there. A doctor, by the way although not a jewish one to bring home to Mama. Ursos Do Rio will be having intergenerational dance parties as well during the month of Copa Mundial just past the Catete metro stop at the Espaco Marun. I personally enjoy the evenings and all of the street life that surround the Largo do Machado than what you will find in Copacabana and Ipanema. But that is just my preference. People more normal, genuine, not so what we call nariz em pe/noses stuck up in the air. Best anc cheapest middle eastern food can be found right on the Largo do Marchado. And right around the corner by the traffic circle 1/4 block from the metro stop is the absolute best fresh acai from Para state at the Tacaca do Norte.

• Members

There has also been a new method to take people up the hill to Christo Redentor atop Corcovado. The buses go from Largo do Machado to the base at Cosme Velho and then up the hill to the statue's base. Alternatively you can catch the funicular railway up to the base. I haven't been since 2012, but at the time the buses were the quicker option to the railway.