TotallyOz

Etihad Airlines takes First Class to a New Level

I love Korean Air's A380 configuration as it has a lounge in the back to stand and stretch and relax. I don't think I'll ever be able to afford Etihad's new first class "apartments" but maybe one day someone will invite me along as a companion? ^_^

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/05/travel/etihad-new-first-class-cabins/index.html?hpt=hp_c4

• Members

This type of so called service is for those who have a lot more money than they know what to do with (or their employer does) but not quite enough to fly in the secure knowledge that you know each and every passenger on board personally as well as every member of the crew. After all, there is no first class like flying in your own aircraft. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my Oz.. If you are in love.. I don't think you won't mind whether you are in the first class or not.. ^_^

I love Korean Air's A380 configuration as it has a lounge in the back to stand and stretch and relax. I don't think I'll ever be able to afford Etihad's new first class "apartments" but maybe one day someone will invite me along as a companion? :smile:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/05/travel/etihad-new-first-class-cabins/index.html?hpt=hp_c4

Guest PasadenaCA

This type of so called service is for those who have a lot more money than they know what to do with (or their employer does) but not quite enough to fly in the secure knowledge that you know each and every passenger on board personally as well as every member of the crew. After all, there is no first class like flying in your own aircraft. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

But can you arrange for people in coach that get to see you board first? How about that curtain?

• Members

There is no coach. ^_^ Generally we have two curtains or dividers, one to separate the cockpit from the cabin and one to separate the biffy from the cabin. However, there is generally what I call the owner's seat which can be in various locations depending upon the model and configuration of the aircraft. Sometimes, it is obvious and sometimes, it just evolves. It really is no different from the other seats but possibly has more leg room ( because of the seat configuration) or will recline further (because of lack of obstructions behind it) or if the owner likes to chat with the pilots, it might be further forward or needs to do a lot of work, it will have the biggest table.

Of course, as you allude, there is size or price or pecking order envy. Larger aircraft tend to burn more fuel and thus get more attention from the folks selling fuel. I have seen "reverse" ostentation (so to speak) when a gentleman I once met almost always traveled only with his personal secretary. He purposefully chose a smaller aircraft so as to not appear seeking attention. And, today, many US corporations do not display their company logos or names on the aircraft to avoid terrorist or abductions threats. They also block their registration on flight following software.

Best regards,

RA1