TampaYankee

America's healthiest cities

The inclusion of Lafayette, Louisiana in this list proves that physical health has absolutely no correlation whatever with anything we eat, drink or smoke. :D

Unless the magical mystery powers of crawfish have yet to be appreciated by medical science. :lol:

• Members

I have eaten them as prepared by a genuine "Coon Ass" as this Cajun was self described. In a huge pot of boiling water he threw in pounds of crawfish and corn on the cob. I have no idea what seasoning he used, maybe something as simple and available as Old Bay. When done he simply poured all out on newspapers and everyone picked and ate from there. Lots of shells which made disposing of them easy. He also very slow cooked in nothing but butter some shrimp which he served on Po' Boy type rolls or buns using plenty of shrimp butter on each sandwich. All very good.

Purists (and others) bite the tail off, discarding the shell. I suppose a "real pro" could do all that without using his fingers except for the initial pick-up of the crawfish. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

In fact purists serve them with the head on, and savor biting that off and sucking out all its flavor.

I say this from long & close association with a Cajun. You don't want necessarily want to know some of their other delicacies & pastimes.

All of which I thoroughly enjoyed!