Guest PasadenaCA

Name that breed: a competition for dog-lovers

Guest CharliePS

With those short legs, I suspect it is a Norwegian Elkhound. It is certainly some kind of northern Spitz.

Oops! I missed a whole page. I was referring to the one that was identified as a Malamute.

The last one certainly looks like a Golden Retriever.

Guest PasadenaCA

CharliePS is right. I worried that the poor retriever wouldn't make an appearance. I might start a dinosaur thread next!

CharliePS, you're up.

Guest CharliePS

Alas! I do not know how to post photos. I don't even know how to put attachments on my email. And my eyes glaze over whenever I try to read instructions for doing so.

Guest PasadenaCA

Irish Wolfhounds?

Darn you're good. I have to pick for you gain--you could PM me a breed if you'd like. I learned how to embed these pictures recently.

Guest CharliePS

Here's a really tricky one, maybe even sneaky!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

My first thought was a Welsh Springer Spaniel, but the tail is wrong. Is it one of those rare Irish Setters with the mixed coat colors?

Guest PasadenaCA

My first thought was a Welsh Springer Spaniel, but the tail is wrong. Is it one of those rare Irish Setters with the mixed coat colors?

That's the one. The Red Setters became the favored choice many years ago, but the others still exist.