Guest A Rose By Any Other Name

Queen's Musical Bar & Restaurant

I went to Queen's the other night. The ambiance of the restaurant is classy and clean. The theme -- that of constant music theater montages is quite fun, and in the forefront enough to enjoy, but soft enough to become background music if you are uninterested. The attention to detail is superior. The drinks are well presented (with lemons -- a rare find!) and the food was tasty and decently priced.

Highly recommended!

The Rose

Can you please tell us where this restaurant is? I'd like to give it a try, but I have never heard of it and have no idea where to find it.

Sorry about that! I was so excited about the new venue that I forgot to include where it was! It is in Jomtien Complex -- almost directly across from Tim's Enchanted Hut.

The Rose

Sorry about that! I was so excited about the new venue that I forgot to include where it was! It is in Jomtien Complex -- almost directly across from Tim's Enchanted Hut.

The Rose

Thanks for the Info. I will defenitely check it out. It seems to be a nice place.

I went to Queen's the other night. The ambiance of the restaurant is classy and clean. The theme -- that of constant music theater montages is quite fun, and in the forefront enough to enjoy, but soft enough to become background music if you are uninterested. The attention to detail is superior. The drinks are well presented (with lemons -- a rare find!) and the food was tasty and decently priced.

Highly recommended!

The Rose

Dined there in July with a party of six. Our experience was mixed. The ambiance was great, the service was at a measured pace (to be polite) and the food Ok but nothing super considering the slightly up market prices.. My lasagna had a cool center and was not as good as Pan Pan or the Paradise. Give it a try yourself but but Queens won't be added to our regular dining circuit. If you like steaks I can recommend the Mignon and I'm very fussy when it comes to my meat (?). Reasonably priced for good steaks from NZ.

Dined there in July with a party of six. Our experience was mixed. The ambiance was great, the service was at a measured pace (to be polite) and the food Ok but nothing super considering the slightly up market prices.. My lasagna had a cool center and was not as good as Pan Pan or the Paradise. Give it a try yourself but but Queens won't be added to our regular dining circuit. If you like steaks I can recommend the Mignon and I'm very fussy when it comes to my meat (?). Reasonably priced for good steaks from NZ.

I think like so many establishments that open here in Pattaya, you are better not to try them too early when they open. Often times, they have growing pains and after a few months or so seem to work out the kinks. All I can tell you is my current experience was anything but slow - or mediocre. I was very impressed with the food and pleasantry of the boys working there.

I say give them another chance. I think every place in Pattaya grows with time and experience.

The Rose

I say give them another chance. I think every place in Pattaya grows with time and experience.

The Rose

I definitely agree with 'The Rose' on this one. I haven't been to Queen's yet, but I intend to give it a try. I've been to several restaurants in Pattaya that I did not like at first. Then I gave them another chance and was pleasantly surprised several times and have enjoyed those restaurants ever since.

There are some that I wouldn't go to again if the food was free, but those always get three chances before I give up on them.

I think like so many establishments that open here in Pattaya, you are better not to try them too early when they open. Often times, they have growing pains and after a few months or so seem to work out the kinks. All I can tell you is my current experience was anything but slow - or mediocre. I was very impressed with the food and pleasantry of the boys working there.

The Rose

You've convinced me.....we'll go back.

Guest kotter

Not been to the "Queens" establishment, but will definately give it a visit.

I went with another restaurant owner the other night to Le Saigon.Pattaya Hill Resort ( top floor)

They have a set menu , not unlike Hot Stone Grill in Jomtien. Very tasty starter of ham and cantoloupe, followed by soup and then on to a chargrill trio, served sizzling at the table of Steak, Pork and Chicken. Finished off with Creme Brulee. Very tasty and a wonderful view to boot.

Worth a try.

Not been to the "Queens" establishment, but will definately give it a visit.

I went with another restaurant owner the other night to Le Saigon.Pattaya Hill Resort ( top floor)

They have a set menu , not unlike Hot Stone Grill in Jomtien. Very tasty starter of ham and cantoloupe, followed by soup and then on to a chargrill trio, served sizzling at the table of Steak, Pork and Chicken. Finished off with Creme Brulee. Very tasty and a wonderful view to boot.

Worth a try.

Sounds quite nice. What type of price range?

The Rose