TotallyOz

Alabama woman guns down son’s gay lover at truck stop

An Alabama woman has been charged with murder after allegedly fatally shooting her son’s boyfriend.

Tuscaloosa County Deputies said that 51-year-old Anita T. Hill’s son was “involved in a long-term relationship” with 36-year-old Jamie R. Johnson. According to deputies, the three agreed to meet at Love’s Truck Stop in McCalla on Monday to talk.

Investigators determined that the group talked for a while and then Hill’s son returned to his vehicle. Hill and Johnson continued speaking for a few more minutes. When Johnson turned to walk away, Hill shot him in the back.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/15/alabama-woman-guns-down-sons-gay-lover-at-truck-stop/

Read the full account as well as the police saying she was just protecting her son and got out on 75k bail. Knowing Alabama the way I do, I bet she does not go to jail for this even though she shot him in the back.

• Members

Even though TCL is the home of the U of A it is still full of "country folks" who to some extent have not come into the 20th century, never mind the 21st. From the ages listed ( it would have been interesting to know the age of both lovers) I have to think this has been going on for some time. In some ways it is a "family" spat with tragic and silly consequences. Good place for it. Love's truck stops are all over the South in many small to medium size towns + busy interstate exits.

How does one even suspected of 3rd degree murder get a 75M bond? Of course, some folks have no place to go so they might as well have a $1 bond.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

The son was 30 and the deceased LTR was about 6 years older. The two had been together for about 4 years.

I can't tell from the articles I googled whether the sheriff is sluffing this off because of the gay angle or whether he's treating it as a family fracas that got out of hand.

• Members

Thanks for the answer. If this went to trial and I were a juror, I would be interested to know if momma would have shot the girlfriend of her son or girlfriend of her daughter.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

It wasn't bad enough that Anita Hill had to testify about Clarence "Dumb Dog" Thomas and the stray pubic hairs. Now she is out on the streets shooting the homosexual lovers of gay men south of the Mason-Dixon Line.

You just know BigTuna Tony and his Rightist Cabal are nodding their heads and saying "I told you so" in the mornings coffee klatsch.

Guest PasadenaCA

I blame the son. If he hadn't chosen to be gay, she wouldn't have been forced to impose family values on his lover. Plus, where was his gun? Doesn't he know how family tiffs are settled?

A few years back in Alabama, a friend of mine got into a fight with his father in law. It was a fist fight. It was a battle of words. He told his father in law he was going to take away his son. He was at his in laws. He started to drive away. He was shot in the car as he was driving away. The father in law was acquitted as it was his land and told the boy to stay away (even though his son lived there). Don't think for one second that the laws apply to all the same in Alabama.

Guest zipperzone

I blame the son. If he hadn't chosen to be gay, she wouldn't have been forced to impose family values on his lover. Plus, where was his gun? Doesn't he know how family tiffs are settled?

This seems like a quote from the dark ages. What do you mean by "chosen to be gay?

Surely you jest - I hope.

Guest PasadenaCA

This seems like a quote from the dark ages. What do you mean by "chosen to be gay?

Surely you jest - I hope.

Does Obamacare cover satirectomies?