TotallyOz

Tourist Raped, Beaten & Robbed After Meeting Man on Gay Dating App Grindr

A Canadian man, taking part in an education conference in Philadelphia, was sexually assaulted, beaten and robbed after meeting another man on the popular gay dating and hookup app Grindr.

The 34-year-old victim, whose identity we are withholding, tells NBC10.com exclusively that he invited the suspect to his hotel room inside the Hilton Home 2 Suites at 12th and Arch Streets around 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday after talking with him over Grindr.

When the suspect arrived, the man says he was held up at gunpoint and sexually assaulted.

“The whole thing was just a giant blur. I was scared and I kept thinking if i just do what he says, then he'll just go away," the man said.

Following the assault, the victim said he was forced to buy four $500 Visa gift cards. He was then walked to five nearby ATMs and told to withdraw $200 from each cash machine.

For the full story:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Tourist-Sexually-Assaulted-Beaten--Robbed-After-Meeting-Suspect-on-GRINDR-App-254841611.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_PHBrand

• Members

Just a good thing that the header wasn't "RAPED, BEATEN, ROBBED & MURDERED"

Then my second thought was well maybe this exactly what the tourist was looking from a hook-up on GRINDR.

Then my third thought was, isn't Philly's tagline "The City of Brotherly Love?"

Then my final thought was, "Fuck, I bet he wishes he had ordered in a Philly Cheese Steak, or maybe he was really looking to order in an uncut, cheesy Philadelphian?" And depending if the other guy used a condom, he did end up with something gooey and creamy in Philadelphia, cheese or not.