AdamSmith

Merkel denied access to her NSA files

Guest Paragon

What doesn't seem a good idea? Making me read an article I know nothing of, or watching yet another YouTube video? I know, it seemed like a good idea at the time. Why not just tell us about it?

powers_work_9.jpg

Guest Paragon

Since when is the title the story? I can find articles on the internet as well as anybody, but what I can't do is get Adam Smith to tell me what he thinks of the story. I'd much rather know that than watch a You Tube video. Why did the story interest you? Why did you choose these links over others? If I only looked at one link, which one would you recommend? Are foreign leaders entitled to access to NSA files? If so, under what conditions- what do you think, Adam Smith? Talk to me! ^_^

• Members

I thought the linked Merkel article was quite good, and am still pondering it. I am also happy to look at Deutchses twink-links till the cows come home, even when they warn of an era that I'd rather not see repeated anywhere.

I've been guilty of posting what I thought were timely articles without having yet formed my opinions let alone being ready to share them, so I sure can't fault anyone else who might lob one onto the field early on and hold comments till later.

Happily, though, this thread reminds me of a story in a book I'm currently reading about the old Bell Labs. It was told by a very bright scientist who many believe purposely tried to be as opaque as possible:

. . . there are two men sitting in a meeting where a man is making a presentation. And when the man finishes, one guy in the back turns to the other and says, 'What was he talking about?' And the other says, 'I don't know, he didn't say.'

Guest Paragon

Well, I concede, a post may be only to convey the news, then we gestate, then we comment. But some direction would be helpful So many llinks get posted. I like to know why I should click on it. Can't you tell us what's this all about, Alfie?