TampaYankee

Retirement Announcement

• Members

My tyrannical tenure :poke: has come to a close. :yes:

I have retired once again, this time as admin/moderator of this site, effective 1 April. It has been planned for a few months.

I've had a wonderful 8 years and 8 months working with Oz to develop and moderate this site. He has been a wonderful partner in this endeavor, I could not have asked for better. :wub: However, I've been looking forward to cutting back on my commitments and responsibilities to others as I engage full retirement. That time has come. :bye:

Oz has been a great friend since I first met him several years ago in Montreal. There never was a more friendly, generous, supporting, interesting, and fun man that I've met. I consider him a super man. :super: I appreciate sharing this endeavor with him which has been a labor of love on both of our parts. Going forward, I wish the very best for my exceptional friend. :hug:

I'll continue to walk these halls and brighten up the Pub with my cheery countenance :hairy: , just without the clanking of keys on my belt. :P

• Members

I think that, at the very least, Oz owes you that trip to Havana you've been pining for for years.

How about it, Oz, why not keep TY on as our special correspondent for Havana? The Brothers Castro can't live forever, so it behoves BoyToy to get prepared for the opening up of what will likely be the next Brazil for gay sex tourism.

TY, you being so elderly and all, if you find yourself in need of an assistant for the trip, I'll buy myself one of those portable Oxygen machines and toddle along behind you just in case you need a second opinion on some of the boys. Did I mention I speak a little Spanish?

• Members

AS, I think you have to know at least a smidgen of computer tech stuff to be a moderator. Remember a few years back when TY kept deleting posts by accident? Me, I'd probably wind up deleting half the underlying software that runs the site if I had admin rights.

:logik: I remember when I finally broke down and bought a computer for personal use, I hadn't had it for more than a month when I had to get the windows software reinstalled after I managed to screw it so bad it wouldn't even boot.

• Members

You will be very much missed Tampa Yankee. Not only for your help with this site but also for your many posts.I do hope you continue to post here (under a new handle perhaps?) in the future,

I hope to meet with you (again) in Montreal some day

Hear, hear!

TY, thank you for everything! You are incredible and amazing and have been wonderful to work with. Your wisdom and advice and easy going manner have been invaluable. You are truly an amazing person and will be truly missed!

Beyond that, you are a good friend and I still remember those trips to Montreal and one fun gay weekend at Pride in NYC with you, my boyfriend and a few friends from Campus. ^_^ Plus, I still have a few photos from a Blue and Blue event from years gone by that give me many smiles!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my this doesn't mean you are going to leave us, are you? Hope to see you around... I love your patience and we'll roundness in the forum. You brought balance in a forum where a lot of people with different personalities participate. ^_^

• Members

TY-

You have received several accolades, no doubt deservedly so. Personally, I thought you maintained a low key, non-confrontational stance which benefited us all (as well as yourself).

Thanks for your service. I also hope to see you on these threads as applicable. :smile:

Best regards,

RA1

Now David and Paul can go get married. ^_^

Guest twinklover

TY, thank you for your great service as moderator and administrator over these many years. I have been here from the start and hooboy before that and I appreciate very much your creation and operation of this site with TO. Thanks again!

Guest PasadenaCA

Well deserved. The good thing about the moderators on this site is that it's not clear they're needed. Not so at all other sites. So whatever happens, it seems to have silently and effectively without people getting all bent out of shape. That says a lot!

• Members

I thank all of you for the very kind comments above.

PasadenaCA has it right -- these forums pretty much moderate themselves. Oz and I wanted a venue where gay men could engage in gentlemanly discussions and share information. For the most part that has been the history of this site. We owe that all to you guys and to others who have moved on.

I take my hat off to you all. I can't give enough praise about the quality of the contributors to this site, be they regulars or occasional. I've always maintained that the posters make any discussion site what it is. That certainly is true here and I look forward to reading and participating with all of you in my new 'civilian' status.

• Members

TY: I am not sure why, but I missed this thread until today. I want to join the chorus of people who thank you for the years of wonderful service. I also echo Oz's sentiment that as wonderful as your time on this board has been... to me it pales in comparison to all the wonderful memories and experiences we had while in Montreal during the heyday. Taboo was never the same after you stopped coming.

See you around the board, but I wish I would see you on St. Catherine street! ^_^

• Members

TY: I am not sure why, but I missed this thread until today. I want to join the chorus of people who thank you for the years of wonderful service. I also echo Oz's sentiment that as wonderful as your time on this board has been... to me it pales in comparison to all the wonderful memories and experiences we had while in Montreal during the heyday. Taboo was never the same after you stopped coming.

See you around the board, but I wish I would see you on St. Catherine street! :smile:

Marc, thanks for the memories -- some of the very best of my life on this particular planet. :thumbsup: Were that we could go back to those times, if only I had the wheels to traverse Ste Catherine's once again, and Ste Catherine was the lady she was in those days. :( Still, a future reunion in the neighborhood would be a welcome circumstance on some future Pride weekend.

• Members

TY, your moderation (in moderation!) is such a refreshing change from the site many of us fled from, glad you will still participate and sorry to see you give up the reigns of power!

Thanks JKane for your kind words and for all the informative posts you contributed over the years. You have been our fundamental resource on the LA scene, in the streets and on Craigslist. Hope to see your contributions continue for many years.