Gaybutton

Web Site Blocking - Again

I periodically look at all the popular gay Thailand web sites. For the better part of two months none of them have been blocked, at least not through my ISP. However, the Sawatdee forum is blocked. I read the Sawatdee forum only about once a month or so. For all I know, the site has been blocked for weeks. I don't know. However, it is definitely blocked now. Here is what I see when I try to access the site:

______

ขออภัย

เว็บไซต์นี้เป็นเว็บไซต์ที่ไม่เหมาะสม

กระทรวงเทคโนโลยีสารสนเทศและการสื่อสาร

โดยได้รับความร่วมมือจากผู้ให้บริการอินเทอร์เน็ต

และบริษัท กสท โทรคมนาคม จำกัด (มหาชน)

จำเป็นต้องปิดกั้นเว็บไซต์นี้

หากมีข้อคิดเห็นอื่นใด หรือพบเว็บไซต์อื่นที่ไม่เหมาะสม

โปรดแจ้งผ่านดวงตาข้างบนหรือ

ict.cyberclean.org

( Sorry! the web site you are accessing has been blocked by ministry of information and communication technology )

Guest letmetellu

I checked once more at 3:15 PM. Now Sawatdee is unblocked. This is just the sort of thing these web sites wen through before: Blocked. Unblocked. Blocked. Unblocked. Here we go again.

I access sawatdee via :-

https://www.proxyweb.net/antilog.php?url=ht...iland.com/forum

but it allows me to write the post then when I send it to add reply it reverts back to log in, I have no problem getting into Sawatdee and writing out side Thailand only inside.

What with the owner Elephant Spike is on the missing list, so we cant get a new proxy that works yet.

Guest catawampuscat

Unless the moderator returns to acive duty or wakes up, Sawatdee-gay-Thailand is finished in Thailand..The proxy provided by lmtu is full of constant adverts and constantly asked one to re-enter and is very annoying, even at high speed internet..

Since this forum will be the only show in town, at least as far as I am concerned, we all need to

focurs on issues about Gay Thailand and not one or two self appointed star posters.. I suggest no more threads with the name of the poster within the thread title.. While Stevebecky has nothing else to talk about, most of us will have no problem with threads that are not about the same poster..

Only we can take back this forum before it turns into lmtu.com Moderators here might want to wake up as well or see this forum turned into shit.. :angry:

I checked the Sawatdee forum again today. Now I'm seeing a screen that is completely different from anything I've seen before. Here is what I see:

This account is temporarily unavailable.

Please contact your hosting provider

Now, Catawampuscat, I assure you that we are on top of the problems revolving around LMTU and those who take every possible opportunity to flame his postings. As a moderator there is only so much I can personally do, and I won't do anything at all without first consulting with Gaythailand. However, today I sent him some suggestions as to what I think ought to be done about it. I completely agree with you. I have seen too many boards degenerate or fail when the flamers are allowed to take control and eventually change the entire nature of the board.

I too am of the opinion that this message board is supposed to be about Thailand and information that is of general interest to the gay community. I cannot imagine that general interest to the gay community includes flame posts, snide remarks, or attacks on individuals who wish to post here. I am convinced, based on my own experience running a message board, that if these sorts of posts are allowed to prevail or continue, then the board will inevitably become exactly what only a very few mental cases would want to see it become.

I am doing what I can to prevent that, but the ultimate decisions as to how this should be handled are, of course, up to Gaythailand. He's where the buck stops.

Guest Cedric

Gaybutton I have just posted to the Asian thread that exact same story, exact same message you are getting, but here in Hong-Kong.

Please contact your service provider.

This could mean the whole site is in fact down. I am relieved there might not be any Hong Kong censorship issues involved. I dread the day, that big daddy China gets involved here, but for the moment I doubt it.

I can't imagine why Sawtdee is down? There have been some problems with the moderator disappearing, and other moderators playing silly buggers so maybe this is part of it, who knows.

Another possibility and it is only a small one. I have been expecting, given a recent dialogue about finances for the site, that they are reorganising the site to make it a pay site. Think they got the punters hooked and now want to start charging for the pleasure.Very American. Could be wrong.

ps (I never found LMTY's post in the least bit irritating)

Cedric

By the way I have just read a message after I edited that last post, and the lettering colour and background are exactly the same as the message I get that blocks access to Sawatdee forum????????

I think there is a snake in the grass, tread carefully. :o:o:o

Same message in the US:

Please contact your hosting provider

Suggests a problem at the server. I hope the missing moderator takes notice.

I'm so pleased to see your post Cedric; it was quite a jar to see that message when trying to log on to Sawatdee Gay Thailand tonight here in New Zealand. I feel like we're all a bit like little economic refugees, locked out workers after the factory closed down overnight, and here we are assembling in the pouring rain all wide eyed and stunned like mullets.

I don't know why the site is unavailable but I think that the link between and absent Elephantspike and the unavailability of the site is too much of a coincidence to ignore. I remember too a few months back Elephantspike saying he had just enough money to keep the board's hosting fee going for one extra month. A bunch of people sent him some money and he then said he had paid the hosting fee up for several more months. That would be about now I guess. Of course there may be something more to it than that and I hope your speculation that the site will become a pay site is wrong. But we shall see!

I'm going to miss our novel!

Guest Cedric

I'm so pleased to see your post Cedric; it was quite a jar to see that message when trying to log on to Sawatdee Gay Thailand tonight here in New Zealand. I feel like we're all a bit like little economic refugees, locked out workers after the factory closed down overnight, and here we are assembling in the pouring rain all wide eyed and stunned like mullets.

:lol: ! Now I feel better again. Oh well, how's tricks? Don't worry about the novel you can catch the premier in Venice.

Guest Trongpai

Oh dear, well if Sawatdee is dead or blocked for good in Thailand, I registered here with gang jai

I would have registered with a profile but all those questions about my willy and not so much as the offer of a drink!

If the sawatdee ship is sinking, taking on water, or at the bottom, I hope those who register here will use their same name. What I really hope is that several sawatdee membors just dont come here at all, but I know that will not happen.

Guest Cedric

er... what happened to Silom? It's all a bit confusing. And just when I found a suitable proxy server for the mainland, now this.

I think Pearl might be involved, she kept saying her good-byes yesterday, and then whoosh, she was gone, along with the whole damn site. I wish she had been more careful.

What an extraordinary coincidence?

Guest Trongpai
er... what happened to Silom
He's alive and well atMy Webpage An excellent writer and a loss to the board when he left. I forgot why Silom left.

Sathorn (different street) left too and was quite moo hoo about it all.

I fear that more Thailand resident posters will be leaving for good due to this blocking. The proxy site work sometimes but are so slow.

Guest allieb

Same Message in Saudi Arabia.

Gay Thailand is also blocked by the Saudi Arabian government. I can access it through onspead.com a proxy server site which also speeds up the connection. This costs $49 a year

If people in various countries throughout the world are getting the same message, then the site itself is offline. Without anyone hearing from Elephantspike we have no way of knowing why.

I would advise waiting a few days before jumping to conclusions. It could be some kind of s system glitch. Lord knows, that happened to me and my web site often enough. That could easily be the explanation and perhaps the site may return shortly. If the site is still down a week from now, then it would be reasonable to believe it is probably gone for good.

I am a lot more worried about Elephantspike himself than the site. It's one thing for a web site to have troubles. But from what people are saying, Elephantspike has virtually disappeared and nobody seems to know why or what has happened. He may have taken the site offline by his own choice, but I just can't accept the idea that he would do so without some sort of announcement first.

In any case, I think jumping to the conclusion that the site is just gone and will stay gone is premature. Give it a few days and let's see what happens.