Guest PasadenaCA

Anyone else feel that one?

Guest PasadenaCA

It was over an hour ago and you had to be in Southern California to know what I'm talking about, but we just got a quake near Fullerton/La Habra. They say it's a 5.1. You could feel it across the San Gabriel valley--even as far as Huntington Beach. I heard what sounded like rolling thunder; there was no question it was a quake: the ground rolled gently. Earthquakes are impressive things.

In your face, San Francisco!

• Members

It was over an hour ago and you had to be in Southern California to know what I'm talking about, but we just got a quake near Fullerton/La Habra. They say it's a 5.1. You could feel it across the San Gabriel valley--even as far as Huntington Beach. I heard what sounded like rolling thunder; there was no question it was a quake: the ground rolled gently. Earthquakes are impressive things.

In your face, San Francisco!

Are you sure it just wasn't "Afterglow" ? :logik:

Guest CharliePS

Yes, the earth moved for me last night. It felt like a gentle rolling motion under the house here in Palm Springs, and all my windows rattled. My spouse and my dog, who were pretending to be watching a DVD together, slept right through it.

• Members

Naturally, 1400NM away, we did not feel this quake. However, we, like some of you, are waiting upon the Big ONE, which in our case will be the New Madrid fault presumably making the Mississippi River run backwards and doing all sorts of mayhem on the last 100+ years of infrastructure.

So, today, I am making a toast to the San Andreas fault and the New Madrid fault. May they rest peacefully for many more years.

Best regards,

RA1