Guest Paragon

What Browser to Use if Not Firefox?

• Members

I think it's easy to talk past one another on this issue as it's really two issues: Eich's right to donate to an anti-gay cause, which he has; and my right to boycott his company, which I have. It's not either/or. It's both.

A few days ago, I heard a local newscaster who said that Mozilla competes for a generally progressive San Francisco workforce that wants their company to reflect those values, and it wouldn't be considered 'cool' to work for Eich.

Personally, I'm happy with Safari. :rolleyes:

Guest Paragon

I know the owners of two websites on the internet. Just two.Now for those sites that I don't know the owners, well, they could be the Koch brothers, notorious conservatives, and since I didn't know that, I'd use the site. Sometimes knowledge just gets in the way!

Guest EXPAT

I think it's easy to talk past one another on this issue as it's really two issues: Eich's right to donate to an anti-gay cause, which he has; and my right to boycott his company, which I have. It's not either/or. It's both.

A few days ago, I heard a local newscaster who said that Mozilla competes for a generally progressive San Francisco workforce that wants their company to reflect those values, and it wouldn't be considered 'cool' to work for Eich.

Personally, I'm happy with Safari. :rolleyes:

Well said. Agreed.

I totally agree. I don't begrudge anyone for not using Firefox based on their decision. It just didn't reach my nerve endings to that point. The chick-fil-a matter last year did and I will never buy from them again. On top of that, when I did a cross country trip last year I stopped in every state at a Chick-Fil-A and pissed in their parking lot. Yes, a bit extreme but that too was my right. ^_^ And, it felt great.

We all have levels of tolerance and once reached we make decisions based on our own meter system. For me, the 1k didn't bother me. If the number was higher or if other things were known of his view, that may have changed my mind but I didn't read any.

• Members

I totally agree. I don't begrudge anyone for not using Firefox based on their decision. It just didn't reach my nerve endings to that point. The chick-fil-a matter last year did and I will never buy from them again. On top of that, when I did a cross country trip last year I stopped in every state at a Chick-Fil-A and pissed in their parking lot. Yes, a bit extreme but that too was my right. :smile: And, it felt great.

As you say, OZ, certain acts rise to the level of a boycott for some yet not for others.

I was only dimly aware of the Chick-fil-A brand until their CEO started flinging his anti-gay cash and rhetoric around and then I vowed he'd never get a red cent out of me. But I still had this incredible urge to try one of their chicken sandwiches just to see what all the fuss was about.

Last year, when I was traveling to one of the states where they do business, I got as far as the parking lot and sat there torn between my desire to go in and buy one and my pledge never to put a penny in his pocket.

Imagine my surprise when I saw what looked like a perfectly good chicken sandwich, still in the wrapper, lying right next to the dumpster. I thought this would be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity just to taste one, with the pickle on top, without having to actually buy one. I'm not proud of this, but I slid out of the car, slinked over by the dumpster and picked it up, hoping no one would see me.

That's when I realized that somebody had pissed on it.

We must have missed each other by minutes. :rolleyes:

Guest Paragon

The Oz Piss Chicken sandwich is now on the Chick Fil A menu! And it's a big seller too. Surveys say that people who buy it think it will give them a Wizard of Oz experience.

BTW, Disney also has their own piss sandwich. If you eat two, you can get through a whole day at Disney World without needing to pee.

Guest CharliePS

I know the owners of two websites on the internet. Just two.Now for those sites that I don't know the owners, well, they could be the Koch brothers, notorious conservatives, and since I didn't know that, I'd use the site. Sometimes knowledge just gets in the way!

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing,

Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring."

A. Pope