Guest lurkerspeaks

Isn't it time for Tomcal to visit Brazil again?

:-) Lurker you are on the same wave length as the boys in Rio! LOL This morning when I got up there were 3 messages on facebook for me from 3 of the guys in Rio asking when I was getting back there. I have all my overnights set up while I am there, I am trying to be better organized this trip. I will be back there March 23rd!! Rio and Porto Alegre and one night in Sao Paulo.

Last week a friend messaged me and told me about two 18 yr old cousins that just started working in the sauna for the first time a week ago, he said "i know they are your type so I showed them your picture so they would know to be looking for you when you arrive!" now seriously, does anyone really think they have to look for me? LMAO I will be on them so fast if I spot them! here's hoping nothing changes between now and March 23rd and they are still there!

post-119356-0-40216400-1393540109_thumb.

"how long will you be on this particular jaunt to Brasil"

Ax, I normally always go for 10 days on almost all my trips to Brasil, that gives me a week in Rio including one weekend and then 3 days in Porto Alegre including the last weekend.

Sometimes I have done the opposite and spent the first weekend in Porto Alegre, but there is always a problem with the logistics if I do that. Mainly because flying from the states to Sao Paulo you ususually arrive before 9;00 a.m. and then have to catch a flight to Porto Alegre, the problem was that on 3 consecutive flights from DFW to Sao Paulo(GRU) the flight was 2 hours late and that is when the connecting flight leaves! All three times I missed it by less then 10 mins. and there is not another flight to Porto Alegre until 4 hours later and nothing is worse then being on a all night flight to have to arrive and sit around for 4 hours! especially in GRU airport which is not a comfortable one to be stuck at. You can't access the airport lounges such as the American Airlines Admirals club as they are inside security on the International side of the Glass wall separating it from the domestic terminal!

So now I always to to P.A. on the last weekend. Catch the 11:00 a.m. flight from Rio to P.A. (great time to go as you miss rush hour traffic but still gets you into P.A. early enough to check in get something to eat before heading out) get there just after 1:00 and ready to hit mezziniu by 5:00!

• Members

"how long will you be on this particular jaunt to Brasil"

Ax, I normally always go for 10 days on almost all my trips to Brasil, that gives me a week in Rio including one weekend and then 3 days in Porto Alegre including the last weekend.

Sometimes I have done the opposite and spent the first weekend in Porto Alegre, but there is always a problem with the logistics if I do that. Mainly because flying from the states to Sao Paulo you ususually arrive before 9;00 a.m. and then have to catch a flight to Porto Alegre, the problem was that on 3 consecutive flights from DFW to Sao Paulo(GRU) the flight was 2 hours late and that is when the connecting flight leaves! All three times I missed it by less then 10 mins. and there is not another flight to Porto Alegre until 4 hours later and nothing is worse then being on a all night flight to have to arrive and sit around for 4 hours! especially in GRU airport which is not a comfortable one to be stuck at. You can't access the airport lounges such as the American Airlines Admirals club as they are inside security on the International side of the Glass wall separating it from the domestic terminal!

So now I always to to P.A. on the last weekend. Catch the 11:00 a.m. flight from Rio to P.A. (great time to go as you miss rush hour traffic but still gets you into P.A. early enough to check in get something to eat before heading out) get there just after 1:00 and ready to hit mezziniu by 5:00!

OBRIGADO, Tomas!