AdamSmith

Federal judge rules Kentucky must recognize out-of-state same-sex marriages

• Members

You're on! :thumbsup:

Fucking Bama peckerheads always looking down on folks from Mississippi. :P

Your only hope is Sabin recruits an out gay quarterback who wins both the Heisman and a national championship.

• Members

I'll bet there are some stunning white twinks at the following schools: Ole Miss, University of Southern Mississippi, Auburn and the University of Alabama. I don't know Mississippi very well, but I've been to Birmingham a number of times and can't believe how cute those Southern boys can be. Lots of light eyes and hair.

Guest CharliePS

who knows the difference between northern boys and southern boys???

Northern boys say "you can"..... Southern boys say "Ya'll can"

Or they even say "All y'all can."

• Members

I remember when QEII had her coronation. The local newspapers made a big deal out of her saying, "you all". :smile:

Yes, I am that old. They set up a small TV in the cafeteria and let us out of class for an hour or so to watch it. I don't think my family had a TV at home quite yet and, anyway, no one would have thought about keeping children out of school for almost any reason and certainly not for the coronation of a foreign queen. Maybe for the death of a close relative for half a day to attend the funereal. :smile:

Best regards.

RA1

AG: Kentucky won't appeal order on gay marriage

image001-png_162613.png
By BRETT BARROUQUERE 6 hours ago

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky's attorney general announced Tuesday that he won't appeal an order to recognize same-sex marriages from other states and countries and he will allow a judge's ruling take effect March 20.

Attorney General Jack Conway's decision means same-sex couples in Kentucky who were married in other states will be allowed to pursue name changes, file joint tax returns with the state, and seek to have names added to birth certificates.

The Democrat said at a news conference that if he appealed, "I would be defending discrimination. That I will not do."

The move comes four days after a federal judge in Louisville gave the state 21 days to implement a ruling overturning a voter-imposed ban on recognizing same-sex unions.

U.S. District Judge John G. Heyburn issued a Feb. 12 opinion that Kentucky's ban on recognizing same-sex marriages violated the Constitution's equal-protection clause in the 14th Amendment because it treated "gay and lesbian persons differently in a way that demeans them."

The decision arose from a lawsuit filed by two couples who were married in other states or countries over the past 10 years. The couples sought to force the state to recognize their unions as legal. Heyburn's ruling does not require the state to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples; that is the subject of a separate, but related lawsuit. Heyburn expects to rule on that issue by summer.

Unless a higher court steps in and stops enforcement of the ruling, the state will have to allow same-sex couples married outside the state to change their names on official identifications and documents and obtain any other benefits of a married couple in Kentucky.

The decision in the socially conservative state comes against the backdrop of similar rulings or actions in other states where same-sex couples have long fought for the right to marry. Kentucky's constitutional ban was approved by voters in 2004 and included the out-of-state clause.

A federal judge in Texas last week struck down that state's gay marriage ban but immediately delayed the implementation of his ruling pending appeals by the state. In January, the U.S. Supreme Court put a hold on a decision in Utah recognizing same-sex marriages.

http://news.yahoo.com/ag-kentucky-wont-appeal-order-gay-marriage-154737019.html

• Members
Wow this is awesome.. :smile: I have never been to Kentucky but I will definitely visit the state sometime in the future.
Don't pack your bags yet, Hito. The Gov. announced he is hiring special counsel to replace the attorney general for the state's appeal.

Hang on to the boots though. I've got a good feeling about this. lucky_horseshoe_st_patricks_day_sticker-

Iris-Schieferstein-horse-shoes.jpg