Guest Paragon

Describing the Web Site

Guest Paragon

Recently I had dinner with a friend who does not post, but is familiar with Daddy's website. He asked about this one, and I found myself describing it as a small, friendly place, where pretty much everybody knows each other, but sometimes guys drop in who only post sporadically. It's remarkably free from bitchiness, I told him. Sometimes I wish more people posted, especially the lurkers, but it's always nice to know that there's a friendly place you can go on the web. He laughed at me! "What is it," he asked, "some kind of Cheers?"

Guest lurkerspeaks

I won't name names, but I know who I would nominate to be Carla, the annoying pain in everyone's butt, and also who I would nominate for Cliff, the know it all..

The original description of this pub area:

Welcome to the Hooboys Pub… Where Everybody knows your (screen)name... And they're always glad you came' (adapted from Gary Portnoy & Judy Hart Angelo) A place for friends and acquaintances to gather for friendly exchanges over a glass or cup of a favored beverage. Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Named in honor of Hooboy, the founder of the MER movement.