Guest lurkerspeaks

Where to get the most "bang for your buck" for a boy-cation....

Guest lurkerspeaks

Tomcal's topic in the South America thread got me to start thinking---where is the best place to go (for an American) for a cost effective vacation, if boytoys are a primary concern. Factor in travel (airfare), lodging, food, and also cost of boys..Other factors is what else is there to do during the days?

Rio is a favorite place of mine, but airfare keeps going up. Lodging is doing the same. Food has gotten much more expensive over the last few years. Boys are the only factor that still remains a bargain.

Montreal is cheaper to get to, and the hotels are cheaper than Rio, but the boys are substantially more expensive.

If it matters, i would be flying out of Phoenix, so it isn't exactly a direct hub to any international locales.

Even Ft Lauderdale is a consideration. The airfare is about the same as to Montreal. Hotels seem to be a little more costly than Montreal. And the boys are, more or less, the same as in Montreal.

Any suggestions are welcome. Oh yea. .it needs to be something that can be done in a week +/-.

Thailand is on my wish list, but it is costly to get there and the flight time makes it even less attractive, although I have been told that once you get there, it is inexpensive.

Guest lurkerspeaks

thanks so far.. checking air to thailand and it is the same (or a little cheaper) than to Rio.. but that long trip with my fat ass in a coach seat is not appealing. and the price is substantially more for premium coach.. and which airlines would you guys recommend or not recommend. Air china is coming in the cheapest.. i have short legs, so the pitch of the seats is not as important as the width....

Guest Paragon

Check seatguru.com for the best seats on airlines. One of the Asian airlines, either Air China or ANA, had the most room on one flight I took.

Sadly, most seats are tight and narrow.

• Members

Do expand on the Colombia idea. The boys there are gorgeous and hung.

I've read several things about it, seems very affordable, shorter/cheaper flight w/easier entry, everything's cheaper. And I've read a couple accounts of the boys there having things for older guys even regardless of earning some cash, happy to accept some but secondary to mutual fun...

And if I was going to immerse myself in a foreign language, Spanish would be more useful to me than Portuguese.

• Members

If you add affordability to the criteria then I'd say Montreal. Certainly true ten years ago and I suspect still true today though not as much.

For those desiring a deep-pockets experience, it seems hands down Thailand and/or Colombia. Colombia still concerns me about potential safety and definite language issues but the potential benefits argue strongly for succumbing to temptation. :devil:

Guest lurkerspeaks

If you add affordability to the criteria then I'd say Montreal. Certainly true ten years ago and I suspect still true today though not as much.

For those desiring a deep-pockets experience, it seems hands down Thailand and/or Colombia. Colombia still concerns me about potential safety and definite language issues but the potential benefits argue strongly for succumbing to temptation. :devil:

Rentboys in Montreal (and strippers) are pretty much the same cost as those here in the US. So the boys are not any cheaper, IMHO.

• Members

IMHO unless you've befriended guys online before you go - Chile is too conservative a society/place; Buenos Aires currently has a lot of crime and guys are very flaky about dates even if you're willing to pay.

• Members

And to answer the original question: London. If you plan ahead, airfares are reasonable (or you can use miles/points). Hotels are varied and prices can be affordable. And there are hundreds of good looking working guys from various countries as well as many fit-bodied locals who may play for free or want only modest "support".

I agree with Msclelovr, also Prague, the hotels and guys are cheaper then London. There are literally hundreds of guys advertising on line. When I go to Europe Prague is always the best bargain when you combine flt,hotel and cost of guys. Also Barcelona has many guys on gayromeo and thermas sauna, although it seems the last couple of times I have been there, it's like going to Brazil as a majority of the guys at Thermas seem to be Brazilian.

For me the overall cost is secondary to having the availability of a wide selection of guys.

Guest lurkerspeaks

I have thought a great deal about this and would recommend that anyone who truly wants to go on a boycation to check out a site totally devoted to it: http://boycation.com

Or, if you like manly men or older guys, check out GayCations at: http://gaycations.com

I have thought a great deal about this and would recommend that anyone who truly wants to go on a boycation to check out a site totally devoted to it: http://boycation.com

Or, if you like manly men or older guys, check out GayCations at: http://gaycations.com

Both links take me to the boytoy home page. Am I missing something?

Guest lurkerspeaks

Montreal was my first "boycation" spot. I fell in love with the city, its boys and stripclubs. Until by chance, I met Tomcal in Montreal one visit, and he shared with me his collection of Rio boy pics, and he convinced me to take the flight down south. After visiting Rio and the sauna scene there, I was spoiled. I always compared Rio to Montreal. What you pay for two songs in the back in Montreal, you could get a full programma (45 minutes) of sex in a cabina with a bed with a hot boy in Rio..