Guest EXPAT

"24: Live Another Day" coming 5-5-14

• Members

I did that last year. I love 24. Fucking amazing show. One of the best ever on TV IMHO.

I hated the show. A paragon of contrived stupidity, incompetence and never ending frustrations. On the cleverness scale it completely failed to register.

Ordinarily this genre is my kind of meat. I tried to watch several episodes spanning a couple of months. For the above reasons I couldn't take it. It got boring and frustrating predicting, without fail, how the episode would let the bad guys get away. I'm ok with the the guys getting away, that's how the show moves through the season. It was just the lack or creativity in how that was crafted. One would think the main character would get smarter about tracking and apprehending his target as the failures accumulate through the season.

One of my brother's favorite shows he sent me a complete season on DVD for Xmas one year. The package remains shrink wrapped on my DVD shelf.

I find it interesting that even in 2006 none of the intelligent agencies were using smart phones yet. It's amazing how much has changed in the last 7 or 8 years.

I also find in binge watching that they love writing that no one at CTU can be trusted and they all seem to have private agendas. That was probably over written in the scripts but it certainly created a lot of suspense. I'm enjoying it this time around as much as last time. but it's much better to watch it all together than spread out over 24 weeks.

Guest gcursor

yeah...I'm not sure how I feel about this. I mean, exactly HOW unlucky is this guy? If any of us had days like he had, we might be done after the 2nd or 3rd season but Jack just keeps thinking things will get better. Reminds me of gamblers who keep going back day after day thinking that their fortune is about to change!