TotallyOz

Judge: Ky. Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages

A federal judge has ruled that Kentucky must recognize same-sex marriages performed in other states, striking down part of the state ban.

In 23-page a ruling issued Wednesday, U.S. District Judge John G. Heyburn II concluded that Kentucky's laws treat gay and lesbians differently in a "way that demeans them." The constitutional ban on same-sex marriage was approved by voters in 2004. The out-of-state clause was part of it.

The decision came in lawsuits brought by four gay and lesbian couples seeking to force the state to recognize their out-of-state marriages.

Heyburn did not rule on whether the state could be forced to perform same-sex marriages.

http://www.lex18.com/news/judge-ky-must-recognize-same-sex-marriages

Guest hitoallusa

Wow that's great.. If I get married in Kentucky I think I will have KFC and sweet tea at my reception as Hors d'oeuvre. :smile: So many things to think about if the venue changes.. ^_^

Wow that's great.. If I get married in Kentucky I think I will have KFC and sweet tea at my reception as Hors d'oeuvre. :smile: So many things to think about if the venue changes.. :smile:

Well you can't get married there yet. But if you get married in one of the states that allow it, it should now be recognized in Kentucky.