MsGuy

Walking Dead Reminder

• Members

Just a reminder to fans of Zombies that Walking Dead kicks off it's new season tonight (Sun., Feb. 9).

Last we saw them Rick and Carl were staggering off into the woods after the Guv's final assault on the Prison. All our little clan scattered to the winds. So sad, so scary. :shocked:

Rumor has it that the first episode will focus on Rick and Carl. That's OK but I hope they pull their constructed family back together ASAP.

And I hope we have some really gruesome deaths too! :thumbsup:

====

P.S. Can somebody please explain to me why the fuck spell check on BoyToy always wants me to spell words like rumor & honor with an English "our" instead of an American "or" (like any sensible person). I mean seriously, WTH is that all about?

P.S. Can somebody please explain to me why the fuck spell check on BoyToy always wants me to spell words like rumor & honor with an English "our" instead of an American "or" (like any sensible person). I mean seriously, WTH is that all about?

The server gurus being in India, clearly just treating Oz as a Viceroy of the Raj.

:P

• Members

Doesn't do that for me. I could be wrong, but I thought it was the browser rather than the website that checked spelling. Next time you run in to a bad spell try right-clicking the errant word. With Safari, I get a pop-up menu that lets me drill down and change the spelling dictionary that Safari uses. Both U. S. English and British English are options.

(You can also turn off spell chekking all together. :rolleyes: )

• Members

Oh...well, actually that makes sense in a twisted kind of way. Leave it to AS to solve the mystery.

====

And lookin makes sense in a tech savy kind of way...

I'll try lookin's suggestion and see if I can banish those t******* headed scamps from Hindustan.

Wait! Do Hindus wear t****** or is that the other kind? :logik:

====

Lookin wins! AdamSmith, I renounce you and all your evil ways.

I'm finally free of the tyranny of evil men!

• Members

Heads up guys, The Walking Dead just introduced its first gay character (right at the end of Sunday's episode).

Aaron, the gay character, is still in the closet to Rick's bunch but supposedly all will be revealed soon. Click here for the inside dope but watch out for the spoilers if you care about that sort of thing.

Guest Hoover42

I've never seen the show, but I've heard multiple rumors that one of the main characters is about to come out as bi or gay.

Has that been hinted at or revealed in any of the recent episodes?

Guest zipperzone

Maybe because IT IS ENGLISH - and not the bastardized version as used in your country.

• Members

Maybe because IT IS ENGLISH - and not the bastardized version as used in your country.

LOL, American is the world standard nowadays, zipper. All others are just local dialects. Including Brit. Especially Brit. Give it up old chap, the days of Empire are long gone.

USA! USA! USA! :lol: :laugh:

"...Never Canada again."

"Why?"

"You've not seen it, right?"

"Right," Hutch said.

"Don't waste dollars then. It's good for a laugh the first few weeks--grown men standing round, heads bowed in prayer they'll turn into Yanks; but all drinking tea and debating if they'll get a nice visit this year from the Queen and her docked-cock husband. After that it's Hell."

Reynolds Price, The Source of Light

Guest zipperzone

LOL, American is the world standard nowadays, zipper. All others are just local dialects. Including Brit. Especially Brit. Give it up old chap, the days of Empire are long gone.

USA! USA! USA! :lol: :laugh:

Poor deluded MsGuy :no:

Guest zipperzone

Still -- any excuse to snicker at our polite northern neighbors. :D

Snicker away Honey, We have the uncontested right to same sex marriage

Universal health care which only costs me $72 per month

And..... The right to claim Prince Harry as one of us.

Can you match that?

• Members

Joking aside, Zipper, the continuing close ties between former colonies and England are a puzzle.

Not speaking of the military support in the two world wars (understandable) but the casualness with which the elite moves back and forth. An Australian buys a huge chunk of the English press back in the 60s and 70s and no one found it remarkable. More recently, the Brits decide the governor of your central bank was a promising lad and poached him to run the Bank of England. !!!!

I mean WTF is that about? Can you imagine Obama nominating a foreigner to be chairman of the Federal Reserve? All hell would break loose in Washington.

Guest zipperzone

Joking aside, Zipper, the continuing close ties between former colonies and England are a puzzle.

Not speaking of the military support in the two world wars (understandable) but the casualness with which the elite moves back and forth. An Australian buys a huge chunk of the English press back in the 60s and 70s and no one found it remarkable. More recently, the Brits decide the governor of your central bank was a promising lad and poached him to run the Bank of England. !!!!

I mean WTF is that about? Can you imagine Obama nominating a foreigner to be chairman of the Federal Reserve? All hell would break loose in Washington.

MsGuy, I agree with everything you said. I too don't understand the ties that bind (which are tenuous at best).

I think most younger Canadians would agree that they couldn't care less if all connections were severed.

I am not a fan of The Monarchy - they are in my opinion nothing but an up to date version of the Gong Show.

They are indeed useful - as a tourist attraction they bring in millions of revenue. But that's about all.

They are the English equivalent of Disney World.

The poaching of our central bank governor was unfortunate to say the least. I guess the promise of a chauffeur driven Rolls Royce 24/7 sealed the deal. In some ways it is no different that what Head Hunters are paid to do every day.

The only bright spot is Prince Harry. You gotta love any prince who lets his picture be taken while playing nude pool and posted all over the internet.

One really has to admire the good grace with which Harry has picked up his royal duties of charities etc when he has previously made clear he loathes the notion of being a royal and would far prefer a career doing an honest day's work piloting Chinooks and popping off bad guys. The kid turned out far more than all right.

• Members

OK, Chez Msguy had a bit of hoorah last night as MsGuy and Chance scuffled over control of the remote control. Why the hell does Downton Abby and Walking Dead have to be scheduled for the same time slot? Eventually we reached a compromise: since both shows are running repeats a couple of hours later, it seemed easier to watch one first and then the other.

Chance will comment on Walking Dead first and then I'll have a few words on Downton Abby.

====

LOL, was not any compromise unless me dropping my pajama bottoms and waggling my naked butt in his face until his grip on the control loosened counts as a compromise. Anyway last night there was a real shortage of good zombie killings and no people were bitten to death so it was kind of flat on the action side but there was lots of what they call character development in English class and that helped.

Also there was a great slobbery kissing scene between Aaron and Eric, the gay couple, hot for TV I thought. MsGuy thought they were cute. I thought they were OK looking. I guess my standards are higher than his LOL. I am hoping for some hot boner scenes between them before the season is over.

Sincerely yours

Chance

====

Just a brief question/comment on Downton.

Does it seem to anyone else that Thomas, the gay character, is changing his stripes?

Ever the doctor told him that there was no cure for his affliction and to man up and accept that he would always be "that way", Thomas seems to be evolving into a kinder gentler guy, a little less of a vicious conniver.