Guest wowpow

It seems I have a lover in Ghana

Guest wowpow

Gaythailand message board

Date Received : 08/19/2006 11:34:25 AM

Date Viewed : 08/19/2006 11:57:02 PM

To : TeePee

Subject : hi

hello my dear , how are you my dear i hope u are fine ther for me i am also fine here i am 23years from Ghana and i am looking for some honest man who is very! very!! very!!! honest i am honest boy here i am student here i am live in ghana in a single room i am single here to so my deari am very happy to meet ur profile here i am good guy people in ghana belive me veru mcuh nd i want you to be my lover as i dont have lover ok so ihope to her from u soon and you will know more about me here and give me ur email for chat on yahoo or msn now my dear ok bye kissssssss for u hug for u have agood day there bye i lve you

I trust that it was only me who received this billet doux.

Personally, I would be looking askance at an E-mail received out of the blue from, of all places, Ghana. The official language in Ghana is English. It immediately strikes me as strange that this person's English is so poor. I'm suspicious of that. Also, it has been my experience that the more someone finds it necessary to talk about honesty, the less honest he really is.

Just out of curiosity, did he send a photo?

I could be totally wrong of course, but this smacks of 'phishing' to me. Considering the number of boys available right here in Thailand, if it were me I would just delete this guy's E-mail and forget it, even if he really picked up your E-mail address on a profile somewhere. I'd let him find someone else's profile and let him tell that guy all about how honest he is.

Gaythailand message board

Date Received : 08/19/2006 11:34:25 AM

Date Viewed : 08/19/2006 11:57:02 PM

To : TeePee

Subject : hi

hello my dear , how are you my dear i hope u are fine ther for me i am also fine here i am 23years from Ghana and i am looking for some honest man who is very! very!! very!!! honest i am honest boy here i am student here i am live in ghana in a single room i am single here to so my deari am very happy to meet ur profile here i am good guy people in ghana belive me veru mcuh nd i want you to be my lover as i dont have lover ok so ihope to her from u soon and you will know more about me here and give me ur email for chat on yahoo or msn now my dear ok bye kissssssss for u hug for u have agood day there bye i lve you

I trust that it was only me who received this billet doux.

How sweet it is. I did not get it :angry: , I guess I am not his type.

But let me take a look at it and see if if this guy is in fact in love with every member of the site.

But I am sure he is just looking to settle down with the right person :D

Guest wowpow

Oh Mr Stef you manage to put more charm into a couple of sentences than I can on two pages.

Oddly I cannot search up selom5's profile?

I did find some lookers in Africa 'other' section though

IPB Image

eddynana

IPB Image

dan-dlord

Guest ToyFan

You trust you were the only one billet doux. Douxed? Douched?

He sent me the same exact message about five months ago but go ahead, pick out the china; I've no plans to visit Ghana or keep a cow I can't pet.

By the way; I received two others the very same day; one from a Turkish daffy who wanted to be my slave and another from a hot 'college student (Aren't they always?) tour guide;' complete with butt-side-up pic in a fetching Speedo, the address of his professional-looking web site and a note saying he knows all the best hotels in Viet Nam.

His second message claimed he was, 'visiting a family in Belgium.'

The third included photos of him in front of several Paris landmarks.

The last, said he was on his way back home. And would I send him money to buy a gift for Mama at duty-free when he stopped over.

Next!

Next!

Marriage ?? :p

Oh Mr Stef you manage to put more charm into a couple of sentences than I can on two pages.

Oddly I cannot search up selom5's profile?

Well thank you dear :) that's very sweet of you to say that.

Selom5 doesn't have a profile. He is a member but without a profile. So You can't find him in the members area and if you do a search.

it is the same for those who has a profile but doesn't have a photo in it. It won't be listed in the search option.

They can still send and receive messages but they won't be published unless they attach a photo and create a profile.

I have looked into this member. He is in fact not lying at all. He is from where he says he is from, and yes he did send this message to more than one member, but many boys does the same thing.

Copy and Paste is the easiest for them. More message sent out there, the more chances they'll get an answer back from a farang that is interested.

It would be better to have a profile and at least be able to check him out :)

Doesn't it raise anyone's eyebrows that the message said, albeit with incorrect English, "i am very happy to meet ur profile."? TeePee's profile has nothing there other than the option to send him a message via the private messaging system. According to what Stef says, this person does not keep a profile himself and has sent precisely the same message to others on this system. That is exactly what 'phishing' is, isn't it?

I'm not accusing this person of wrongdoing. Perhaps he is truly sincere. But I've received too many E-mails from Dr. Mwenene Mweleke, from Nigeria, who knows what a good, honest person I am and wants me to help him by allowing him to deposit 325-quadrillion dollars into my bank account to help him get it out of Nigeria, not to be extremely suspicious.

I am very skeptical of unsolicited E-mails and messages. I have seen nothing on this web site that even suggests TeePee is looking for such messages in the first place.

From where I'm sitting, if someone is interested in responding to such a message, then proceed with caution.

Guest ToyFan

I should have mentioned, that message did not come through this but another gay Asian site.

So far as Gaybutton's warning, 'proceed with caution;' before meeting someone you only know through the internet, meaning: you do not know; check this out:

http://chatterbeware.bravehost.com/

If you care to read his, more detailed, letters I'm including them here.

Some of you may recognise the letter writer and although I believe he has no objectionsI have deleted his name.

The letters were forwarded to me by a Thai friend, who also happens to be a friend of the victim,

who asked that (Thai) forward it to everyone he knows.

My friend knew I would soon be coming to Thailand and that I'd been corresponding with someone who contacted me on the internet.

April 4, 2006

It has been happening for over a year; gay men from Western countries are set up, kidnapped and robbed of hundreds of thousands of Bhat. Men from the USA, England, German, Australia and many other countries are contacted by a gang of 3 or more.

The pattern is always the same. Mature men are contacted through several of the online websites and a meeting is schedule in a public place and then you are taken to an apartment that turns out to be a hotel and a second man is there with a gun and knife. You are then held and forced to give up your PIN to access your credit card and ATM accounts.

Every abduction is very similar with the same results..money gone and you are told not to contact

the police because the kidnappers have placed illegal drugs in your home or hotel room and they

will notify the Thai Police.

You are terrified and don