mvan1

Update - Sao Paulo - Sauna Fragata

• Members

During my six-week absence from Brazil, my friends who occasionally visited Fragata offered favorable comments.

Tonight, I visited Fragata. The place was busy but not as busy as I have seen in the past. There were about 30 gatotos and about 30 clients.

Many of the garotos are the same garotos that formerly visited Lagoa a few years ago. Lagoa generally has younger and better looking garotos than does Fragata. When Lagoa garotos begin to loose their looks, they snag fewer clients and eventually they switch over to Fragata. Not all Fragata garotos are former Lagoa garotos, but many are.

Although Sunday and Tuesday nights are usually the best nights at Fragata, tonight was not a good night. In fact, going there was a waste of time, money and effort.

I stayed at Fragata about two and one-half hours hoping that some reasonably young and attractive garotos would arrive. Alas, only the usual tired and worn out garotos showed.

The weather in Sao Paulo over the past couple of days was bad (thunderstorms) plus the temperature was ninety degrees today and Fragata does not have air conditioning. The storm and heat may have contributed to the dismal atmosphere at Fragata.

Tuesday will be my next visit unless another storm or heatwave hits the city.

If I were assigning grades to my experience tonight, I would give Fragata a grade of "D" -
-

• Members

I returned to Fragata again tonight, Tuesday evening.

Remember, Sunday and Tuesday nights are the “best” nights for visiting Fragata.

Again, tonight, I was extremely disappointed at the turnout of garotos at Fragata. The place had only a few garotos and the sauna, to be blunt, was deadly dull.

In all fairness, there has been a terrible heat wave, high humidity and thunderstorms in Sao Paulo for the past week. The 10-day forecast for Sao Paulo is for more hot weather in the nineties EVERY DAY. Supposedly, Sao Paulo is breaking heat wave records for this time of year.

I previously wrote that Fragata has no air conditioning. There are a few fans but all they do is blow around hot air. It is actually hotter inside Fragata than outside.

When I arrived at Fragata (around five o'clock) the temperature was in the nineties and stifling inside the sauna. This certainly explains the low attendance of garotos and clients.

Considering the 10-day weather forecast I probably will not visit Fragata this coming Sunday.

What did I learn from my past two visits? I learned that whenever anyone in the future asks me about Fragata and which days are the best, I will continue to say Sunday and Tuesday but I will add a proviso, if the weather is hot, thundering and muggy, stay away on those nights.

• Members

Well, on a Sunday, and Fragata ain't so special, and if you just have to have something raw and tasty in your mouth, you can always head over to Liberdade for some super sushi along with great people-watching.