Guest PasadenaCA

Amazon Fresh

• Members

I like to shop in person several times a week. I carefully look at the week's various store coupons and react accordingly. Regardless, like Charlie PSP, I like to choose my own groceries.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest CharliePS

I like to shop in person several times a week. I carefully look at the week's various store coupons and react accordingly. Regardless, like Charlie PSP, I like to choose my own groceries.

Best regards,

RA1

We must have been separated at birth.

• Members

The convenience would be great but I think I would miss going to the market, plus as others have said selecting fruits, veggies and meats that are appealing to me. Maybe once in a while it would come in handy but not as a regular thing for me.

Initially I thought maybe it could be a solution to my problem of impulse buying while shopping but perhaps that would not be the case as it could be easy to get carried away with clicking on many things that look interesting.

Guest PasadenaCA

I order quite a few specialty food products(dry goods) via Amazon. However I have found the prices to be higher than I can find in fancy grocery stores. Add in the careless handling of packages by FedEx and I would not be too quick to order everyday grocery items via amazon.

The trucks that deliver the food are decked out in Amazon livery. The company has distribution centers in LA county and in San Francisco. They've started somewhere else, but I forget where. My third delivery arrives tomorrow. I can order as late as 10 pm--up to 2200--and can schedule delivery as early as 0700. So far, so good.

• Members

The company has distribution centers in LA county and in San Francisco. They've started somewhere else, but I forget where.

They also are serving the Seattle area. I've been intrigued by this even though not in my area. It really does seem to be set up very well for those whose primary interest is convenience and what you can order seems to be quite extensive (originally I thought it might be of limited selection but the site indicates over 500,000 items), even wine, beer and spirits. How great would it have been to have this available here in the mid-west during this recent cold spell we've been having. Once this comes to my area I'll be one step closer to never having to leave my house :smile: Just need Amazon to have a service for house calls by doctors and dentists, lol

• Members

And now for the rollout! "While it might be a nice surprise to receive a free, unexpected groceries on your doorstep, some San Francisco residents are a bit puzzled as to why Amazon is pushing its new Fresh delivery service with free bags of very unfresh items. A can of Coke, mushroom soup and fish taco seasoning? Dinner is served!" "While it might be a nice surprise to receive a free, unexpected groceries on your doorstep, some San Francisco residents are a bit puzzled as to why Amazon is pushing its new Fresh delivery service with free bags of very unfresh items. A can of Coke, mushroom soup and fish taco seasoning? Dinner is served!