TotallyOz

Travel Necessities

I love travel and I love being comfortable. There are several things that I take with me everywhere. I'll try to list many out but here are some I found in 2014 to make travel easy and comfortable and they all have 110-240 adaptors.

Air-O-Swiss AOS 7146 Travel Ultrasonic Humidifier - Cool Mist

post-100001-0-02444900-1388159533_thumb.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JL4LZ4/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Philips Sonicare HX8211 Airfloss Rechargeable Electric Flosser

post-100001-0-99890000-1388159540_thumb.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CUG270S/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quirky Pivot Power 6 Outlet Flexible Surge Protector Power Strip

post-100001-0-04760100-1388159549_thumb.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZP74UK/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Please add any of your cool finds to the list.

• Members

"Any place I can't take my Cool Mist Swiss humidifier, 6 outlet flexible surge protector power strip and Sonicare rechargeable electric flosser isn't worth visiting."

"Travel light is all well and good but I find one must have at hand the necessities of civilized life."

trafrica48.jpg

Oz and helpful friends making their way to Bangkok International Airport.

"You keep rolling your eyes, Nattapong, and our dear farang is gonna notice!"

"Just remember, their ways are not ours."

LOL Sad but true! ;)

My last trip to Thailand had me taking 11 bags with me. And, these 3 new toys are added to the collection of all the other shit I "must" have with me on a trip. ;)

The crazy thing I travel with is a full office set high speed scanner, printer, etc. Insanity? Yes. But, it makes me Happy. Happy. Happy.

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my Oz.. I love the fact that you floss.. ^_^ It is a good practice.. You and I should have been born princesses with a lot of attendants and ladies in waiting.. ^_^

Oh my Oz.. I love the fact that you floss.. :smile: It is a good practice.. You and I should have been born princesses with a lot of attendants and ladies in waiting.. :smile:

My dear, it is hard to be a princess when you are already a queen. ^_^

TY, I normally don't travel with that much but I wanted to be sure I had a lot of stuff in Thailand that I like to use like my Nespresso machine, pressure cooker, iron skillets, etc. You know, things that just have to be used once every blue moon.

• Members

30 years ago I went around the world (literally) with two medium size expandable bags (no rollers). One held charts and aeronautical paraphernalia and the other clothes. I was gone for 15 days and had enough clothes to only wash once. Today I cannot get out of sight without one large roller bag, two expandable bags (for electronics), a headset bag, enough charts and stuff to kill a couple of trees + a few bottles of water. That is the bare minimum. How times have changed. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest CharliePS

The first time I went to Europe, for six weeks, I took a large suitcase filled with "necessities" as well as a large carry-on, and not a day went by that I didn't regret the burden. Over the years I learned how to cut things back to the point that I could go to Europe for a week with just a shoulder bag or small backpack. I often take old clothes that I discard as I travel, and replace with new ones that I buy there if I really need them. The TSA actually did me a favor by restricting the objects and the size of toiletries I could take on the plane. Now that airlines are charging for checked bags, I try to wear all the clothes I need onto the plane, fill the pockets, and use a small roll-on for an extra pair of shoes, iPad, chargers, and anything else that won't fit on my person.

I recently drove Lucky to the airport for a ten day vacation in Thailand. His luggage completely filled my trunk and back seat. What do you people do there that requires so much stuff?

Having visited nearly 90 countries, I carry as little as possible when I travel. I also learned the burden of carrying too much and I haven't done that in years. That's why I love my MacBook Air. It's the lightest computer around.

• Members

:thumbsup: I'm with Charlie and EXPAT. A roller bag that fits in the overhead compartment will get me anywhere I need to go for as long as I like. It helps that I avoid cold places, as shorts, sandals and polo shirts take up very little room. And I like that my stuff stays with me at all times.

%E9%87%91%E6%96%AF%E5%A4%A7-130513-%E5%8

A journey starts with just one step.

It's nicer when I do not schlep.

• Members

Now wait a minute. I definitely am a frugal flyer, but, I decided a long time ago that whatever anyone had the money to spend for was their own business. On a family trip a few years ago with three people going, we took three bicycles, the gear to mount them on a rental car + our several days stuff. We completely enjoyed our trip to MT and took no more than "necessary".

Therefore, whatever you wish to take and can afford to take is completely up to your budget, the room on the aircraft + FEDEX + UPS + excess baggage charges. Make yourself at home. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my I hope Lucky has fun in Thailand. I lost my a precious pair of shoes on a trip and since then I don't carry a lot of shoes with me. I buy them while traveling.. ^_^