TampaYankee

10 discontinued cars we're going to miss

• Members

10 discontinued cars we're going to miss

Last week we looked at cars that deservedly got the axe in 2013. This week we'll be a lot kinder because we're looking at the models that are disappearing altogether or making way for generation 2014, but that we'd love to have in our garage.

By Michael Frank at Popular Mechanics

http://autos.yahoo.com/photos/10-discontinued-cars-we-re-going-to-miss-1387848982-slideshow/

Guest CharliePS

The Toyota FJ Cruiser was pretty awkward-looking, but it was the only vehicle with the right configuration for a friend of ours who is in a wheelchair and needs an elaborate mechanism that enables her to drive (she is tiny), carry her chair, and mechanically remove it so she can switch herself from the driver's seat to the chair outside the vehicle. Without it, she would completely lose her independence. I was sad when they ended the production of the Honda Element two years ago, and hope that mine will last for another ten years, but at least I can adjust easily to other SUVs.