MsGuy

Virgin Births In US Near 1% Among Young Women

• Members

New studies at UNC (Chapel Hill) document that 0.8% of young American women give birth while still virgin.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/17/usa-health-virgins-idUSL2N0JW1UF20131217

And if Brenda Sue Hopkins of Dubuque, Iowa, can pop out a virgin birth, why couldn't Mary? (Cynics note in vitro births were excluded so shut your traps.)

Just something for our resident scoffers to think about. So stop hating on Hito, he may be on to something.

Virgin-Birth-Christmas.gif

Guest hitoallusa

I like the idea of being a virgin... It seems so pure and innocent.. I wish I could be one again.. I should not have given up so early at the age of 30.. hmm.. But I thought how long I would live so I wanted to try it out before I die.. Oh well I can put on a white dress on my wedding day and act like one. After all I won't be a virgin anyways after my sweet honeymoon.. :smile::kiss:

Emergency C-Section Turns Up ... No Baby
By Newser | Parenting – Fri, Dec 20, 2013 10:04 AM EST

(Newser) - A bizarre story out of Brazil, where doctors performed an emergency C-section on an apparently expectant mother only to find ... no baby at all. When the woman, 37, arrived at Cabo Frio's Woman's Hospital saying she was 41 weeks pregnant and in pain-with a protruding belly and some kind of proof of prenatal care-doctors assumed she was in labor, officials revealed this week.

"Because the doctors couldn't pick up the [baby's] heartbeat, they decided there wasn't time to request an ultrasound," the site's director told the Daily Mail. "They did the surgery then had the great shock of not finding any baby at all."

It turns out the woman was suffering from a false pregnancy (known as pseudocyesis) and "was so convinced she was pregnant, that she altered her prenatal tests that showed otherwise because she was convinced the results were wrong," a city Health Department rep said per CBS News.

And her husband says it wasn't the first time. Last year, she said she'd lost a baby at the hospital, but never showed him a death certificate.

She's now been referred to psychiatric care. Oddly enough, the Dayton Daily News reports a similar case popped up at the same hospital earlier this year; a woman faked an ultrasound to get treatment despite not being pregnant, the site's director said. (More bizarre pregnancy news: A recent study found 1 in 200 women say they've had a "virgin pregnancy.")

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/emergency-c-section-turns-no-baby-150400404.html

• Members

"The US researchers looked into a long-term, confidential study about reproductive health, and found that 45 of the 7,870 women involved said they had become pregnant without ever having had vaginal intercourse or going through in-vitro fertilization, AFP reports. Of those, 31% had made a "chastity pledge" of the type popular among Christian groups."

:lol: Clearly chastity pledges are a leading cause of unplanned pregnancies (at least among virgins). Who would have thunk it? :lol: