TotallyOz

What memory from the past makes you smile the most?

We have all lived lives full of adventure and fun and work and love, etc. Looking back over your life, what memory makes you smile the most?

For me, it goes back to my teen years and my "thing" was rolling yards. Yes, taking toilet paper and cover a friends yard was great fun for me. When I was 16, my mom got me a new baby blue Firebird. It was my joy. Well, one day at church, all the kids I taught in Sunday school were laughing and I knew something was up, I just didn't know what. Everyone was starring at me.

I went outside and right in the church parking lot was my beautiful baby blue car rolled with hundreds of rolls of toilet paper. Not only the outside, but the inside had so much paper that I could not sit down. It was payback for years of mischief.

Still, to this day I look back at that moment and smile. Sometimes I even laugh out-loud at the crazy things I use to try to pull and in one swoop, the whole gang got together and changed the colorr of my car from blue to white. My best friend said, "only Charmin for your car as we know how you like softness."

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my OZ.. That sounds like being bullied and, "only Charmin for your car as we know how you like softness", that sounds like mocking to me.. But it is good to know that you take it as one of your happiest memories, I think you are so good natured like a good southern boy. ^_^

I didn't know you were a sunday school teacher. It will be so cute you teaching in Church and talk about angels, love and kindness, gentle..

It wasn't bullying I assure it. It was done by loved ones whom I have "rolled" tons of times over the years. It was funny and perfect pay back.

I was almost a Christian minister. Had it not been for my gay gene, most likely I would have stayed the course. I loved it then. Now, 30 years have passed and my philosophy has changed but it changed because of the paths I chose. Had I not chosen those paths, I'd likely be married, a preacher and spending weekends in bathhouses when I could get away from my wife. ^_^

Now, hi, what is your memory that makes you smile the most?

Guest hitoallusa

I am not sure whether I could choose my happiest moment actually. I am happy when I get a new pair of shoes but that is a different kind of happiness I guess. For me each happiness is unique and different so I don't think I could rank them by order. I am happy at small things sometimes but extremely happy when I can help others. I want the world to be a better happy place but unfortunately there are too much suffering and pain in this world. Not to speak of hatred and inequality. Despite all this suffering and pain, the world goes on so I see hope and some happiness in that even the world seems to be hopeless, there is something that makes us keep going in that sense.

• Members

I guess that I am lucky enough to make this a difficult task to choose one thing that made me smile a lot. I really enjoyed flying the FEDEX MD-11 simulator. I really enjoyed and appreciated the first time I flew a single engine aircraft across the Atlantic Ocean.

However, overcoming adversity and helping another overcome it, provided at least one of the "top 10" smiles. An instructor at the Piper Aircraft Factory begged and begged me to let him take a trip across the Atlantic. Finally a trip came up that seemed suitable. There were two aircraft so we could fly together with the plan to go to Goose Bay, Canada, then Greenland, then Iceland and finally Scotland and the UK delivery point.

We got to Goose Bay OK but he got cold feet. The weather wasn't good enough + a long list of reasons/excuses to not proceed to Greenland. I spent two days talking to him and trying to decide what I was going to do if he really didn't go. Finally, he went. We made it to Greenland OK and re-fueled, then proceeded to Iceland. Spent the night in Iceland. He was elated to have successfully made two 600 mile over water legs and to be in Iceland. I think he ordered the Icelandic equivalent of a bucket of chicken that night. :smile:

We had one more 600 mile leg to Scotland which was made without further cajoling or unusual conversation about it. Just file the flight plan, get fuel and go. I was satisfied to get the job done and satisfied that he had overcome his personal problems. Apparently he crossed off an item on his bucket list. I don't think he ever did anything similar again.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

It was during the second night together with my ex-lover. This was in Amsterdam at a just-okay three star(maybe) hotel near the Leidseplein. Across the street and the Lijnbansgracht from the much,much nicer American. Anyway, we were having really, really hot sex and we set off the fire alarm in our room. At about 2:30AM. No clue as to how it happened. But it did. The whole hotel had to be evacuated. Well, we kept on going at it. Did not leave. Just ignored the knocks at the door. The management not only traced the tripped sensor to our room, but they also told all of the other guests who were responsible. The next morning in the breakfast room, one can just imagine the looks we received. Although the relationship ended after 13 some good and some bad years, that episode still brings a smile to my face.

Guest FourAces

Excellent question OZ. I cannot really single out one or two. Most took part when I was a teen or in my early twenties. Those were the days when we would let the good times (toilet paper) roll :P

• Members

For me. it was discovering Montreal way back in the 90's. I still smile every time I think of it. The city is beautiful and I have had a lot of fun there. Christmas time especially makes me smile. I remember going into La Baie and seeing almost a whole floor dedicated to Christmas Decorations/Trees etc and will never forget how happy that made me. (I am the biggest kid at Christmas and cant get enough of it). I have gone every year since at this time and although things have changed a bit, I still love it. Then of course, discovering Stock too was a thing I will never forget. Just thinking about this city makes me smile ^_^

For me. it was discovering Montreal way back in the 90's. I still smile every time I think of it. The city is beautiful and I have had a lot of fun there. Christmas time especially makes me smile. I remember going into La Baie and seeing almost a whole floor dedicated to Christmas Decorations/Trees etc and will never forget how happy that made me. (I am the biggest kid at Christmas and cant get enough of it). I have gone every year since at this time and although things have changed a bit, I still love it. Then of course, discovering Stock too was a thing I will never forget. Just thinking about this city makes me smile :smile:

I had been to the straight strip clubs in Montreal for years with my friends before I knew of the gay scene. The first bar I went into was Adonis. It was odd as it was ladies night. I asked the bartender and he suggested I try Taboo. HEAVEN!