axiom2001

THANKSGIVING WISHES!

• Members

Hope everyone's holiday was filled with turkey and trimmings with an Alka Seltzer chaser or some such. :D

Speaking of such, on TG morning I glimpsed out of my kitchen window a lone wild turkey sprinting through my back woods and over into a neighbors lawn and from there I know not where.

Odd that happened on Thanksgiving morning and odd it was a lone turkey. When I see them they are usually in a group of six to ten and casually strolling about looking for food. They must have known something was up that day. :P

Guest NCBored

Hope everyone's holiday was filled with turkey and trimmings with an Alka Seltzer chaser or some such. :D

Speaking of such, on TG morning I glimpsed out of my kitchen window a lone wild turkey sprinting through my back woods and over into a neighbors lawn and from there I know not where.

Odd that happened on Thanksgiving morning and odd it was a lone turkey. When I see them they are usually in a group of six to ten and casually strolling about looking for food. They must have known something was up that day. :P

I hope he wasn't the lone survivor!

• Members

According to the "chomping" I have observed going on around town, this turkey might indeed be the lone survivor. ^_^ However, what surprises me is the characterization that it is a wild turkey. No self respecting wild turkey that I have heard about will find itself in a suburban atmosphere. They generally are very elusive and hard to hunt, much less observe ad hoc. I have several friends who are avowed turkey hunters and they all claim they do much more hunting than finding.

OTOH, Wild Turkey, a well known 101 proof whiskey is fairly easy to spot in and around most any town or suburb. Perhaps this is the one that TY has spotted as a lone survivor?

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

I see there are no hunters on this site, only lurkers or turkey observers, so to speak. I suppose that wild turkeys are like gold and that is they are where you find them. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1