AdamSmith

Evangelii Gaudium

• Members

This might better have been reported the the mainstream media as 'Pope Brings Christ Back Into the Christian Church to Walk the Walk.'

I do like this Pope and that says something for me.

I'm sure the Church's Inner Sanctum is busy hatching a conspiracy worthy of Ludlum to speed his call home, to be at the side of The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost, as they view him to be more godly than earthly, thus not made for this Earth.

I'm wondering how Paul Ryan is rationalizing the mistaken Pope?

JKane and I have been more or less laying bets on how long before the Curia manages to slip the John Paul I Last Supper secret ingredient into Francis' soup. His street smarts blaze forth in his avoidance of the Papal Apartments after sundown.

As for rightist pols, they now lose the out lately copped by La Palin -- 'Oh it might be just the liberal media distorting what he says.'

Guest Paragon

Today I came across the last issue of the New Yorker for 2013 at the car wash. The Pope was the cover man, drawn as a snow angel on the cover.

The ensuing article, while lauding his new found openness, was also disturbing as I read that in 2010, not all that long ago, Cardinal Bergoglio, now Francis, called same-sex marriage "a maneuver by the devil."

I doubt that gays can expect much real change from him.

Have an A-1 day!

• Members

Francis's stance on gay marriage (& adoption) is both clear and traditional...he's against it. No if, ands or buts.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/01/04/Pope-Francis-Affirms-Same-Sex-Marriage-Is-Anthropological-Regression

I can't find a direct quote but I suspect his attitude toward homosexuality itself is within the tradition of the Church...it's a sin.

What his public statements do seem to be is an effort to put some daylight between Church doctrine and behavior and the cultural baggage it has accrued through the centuries. There is no particular theological reason to single out homosexuality from any number of other sins. Singling out homos as especially repellent creatures to target for persecution is pure cultural bias masquerading as Church teaching.