Guest lurkerspeaks

List 3 things a day that you are thankful for

Guest lurkerspeaks

As Thanksgiving nears, we all start thinking of what we are thankful for. But why wait for one day? I challenge forum members to post each day of three things he is grateful for that day.

Guest CharliePS

Being thankful assumes that there is someone to be thankful to. Therefore:

1. I am thankful to Justice Kennedy for being the deciding vote to overthrow DOMA and Prop.8.

2. I am thankful to the vet who recommended that I try feeding my dog pumpkin every night, to prevent his early morning vomiting, which worked!

3. I am thankful to the friends who are willing to take the place of my family.

• Members
2. I am thankful to the vet who recommended that I try feeding my dog pumpkin every night, to prevent his early morning vomiting, which worked!

Charlie, if you don't explain this one, I'm going to be up all night googling shit trying to figure it out. :twitch:

-----

p.s. yes, a hearty thank you to Justice Kennedy :santa: .

Tip%20of%20the%20Hat.jpg

And a tip of the hat to Lucky :super: who predicted a good outcome back when I was sure taking the marriage issue to the Supremes would be a disaster. You were right, I was wrong. :thumbsup:

Guest CharliePS

Charlie, if you don't explain this one, I'm going to be up all night googling shit trying to figure it out. :twitch:

-----

p.s. yes, a hearty thank you to Justice Kennedy :santa: .

Tip%20of%20the%20Hat.jpg

And a tip of the hat to Lucky :super: who predicted a good outcome back when I was sure taking the marriage issue to the Supremes would be a disaster. You were right, I was wrong. :thumbsup:

My dog had been vomiting brown liquid in the early morning, as soon as he got up (and often before I was out of bed), regularly, and I couldn't figure out why. He didn't seem ill, and once he got that out of the way, he seemed normal for the rest of the day. A vet suggested that I give him some canned pumpkin before he went to bed each night, which I tried, and he hasn't thown up since. Don't ask me why it works, but I no longer need to jump out of bed first thing in the morning to clean up after him.

• Members

Charlie, apparently pumpkin is one of those 'good for what ails you' folk remedies for canine digestive tract disorders.

I found several scientific sounding explanations by vets for why it works for diarrhea but nothing for vomiting, though it was recommended for mild to moderate doggy nausea by several (including Cesar Millan's vet!).

• Members

Maybe your pup just has a hangover. How much alcohol does he drink at night? ^_^ Dogs seem to graze on grass when they have an upset stomach, perhaps the pumpkin is similar?

Best regards,

RA1

Guest lurkerspeaks

ok.. here are my "thankfuls"...

1) I am thankful for my relatively good health. As a now 53 year old gay man who has been sexually active since the age of 15 (and some of that was VERY active), I am grateful to be HIV negative. I lost many good friends and a brother to AIDS.

2) I am thankful for sites such as this and the original Hooboy's which allow people with like interests to "find" one another. I have made many good friends thanks to these sites. I have had the pleasure of meeting several posters who have developed into what I consider good friends--including Townie, Lucky, Tomcal, and several others who I may have met only once or twice, but who I would stiil consider true friends, such as OZ, and Eeyore.

3) I am thankful to have met my best friend from Hooboy's site. I will not name names, since he doesn't post anymore, but we met on a trip to Montreal and just really clicked. We shared many of the same interests in our taste of boys. We got along great together and have subsequently traveled to Montreal and Brazil many times together. We originally met back around 2005/2006, and still remain best friends to this day..I am definitely thankful for the times we have spent together and shared. He has just found out that he has bone marrow cancer. He is still healthy now, and the average prognosis is 5-10 years. And he is just one year older than I am.. This revelation really puts some things into perspective.

Guest samfitzpatrick

1) I am thankful that I have fun at my job more days than not.

2) I am thankful that I live far enough from my family that I can have my own interests and activities without explaining why I'm not coming over for Sunday dinner, yet close enough that I can make Sunday dinner whenever I wish.

3) I am thankful that I have a personal trainer that cares about my personal fitness more than I currently do and makes sure I'm at the gym regularly.

Guest zipperzone

1: I'm thankful that I have a partner of 34 years and that we are able to look after each other.

2: I'm thankful that I have sufficient income so that I have no money worries.

3: I'm thankful I live in a country that is relatively free from strife, and in a location that has a moderate climate.

Guest hitoallusa

I thankful for all the blessings I have received this year.

I thankful for all the people around me. They are precious gifts.

I thankful for this site and all the great people here. You guys are inspires me and help broaden my view in my life.

Have a great Thanksgiving all!!! Love and hugs~~~~~~~~