Guest tomcal

Brazil Sauna Pricing

The number one question I get from everyone is "how much do you pay the guys in the sauna?" I have in the past hesitated to answer this because a lot depends on YOU! I can honestly say I have Never paid for then $100./R (at today's rate that is

$43.00 U.S.) It used to be that in Porto Alegre the pricing was less, but many of

the guys from P.A. have gone to Sao Paulo and Lagoa and came back and told their

buddies what the going rate is.

When I say it depends on you, I mean it depends on how you handle the transaction! I am probably what you would describe as a type "A" personality, have a good

friend who is much more mellow,easygoing type. Here is the difference between how

we handle the money question:

After we get dressed(and finished up taking photos!) I hand the guy (2) 50 Reias

bills and say "thanks I will meet you at the bar" and walk out of the room. My

friend does the same BUT then always says "is that OK?" and of course the boy is

going to say "NO"! and he ends giving them another $50R! Often to the same guy who I had earlier paid $100R total!

Overnights...I never pay more then $200./R and usually $150.R My overnights are

usually from 10:00 pm after I leave the sauna to around noon/1:00 pm the next day.

this includes dinner as in Brazil you eat late in my case after 10:30 pm. the last

three trips to Rio in 2013 I have done overnights with the same 3 guys and they

always end up messaging me to see if they can sleep over, so I assume the price is

very acceptable to them. :-)

The 100 real sauna rate: is that for one hour?

Basically, Yes. This last trip I was in a room for hour and half we were having so much fun!

the saunas charge for the room in 40min increments, but..I have found this to be unenforced for the most

part except on the really busy nights when they need to turn the rooms over. Remember the saunas make NO money off the guys, they make their money off admission,room rental, drinks, etc.