Lucky

Red Grapefruit

• Members

However, you forgot to add the caution that Grapefruit (of any color) is toxic when eatten with certain medications such as Lipitor, so if you have High Blood pressure you will just have to eat your Boytoy au-naturel !

• Members

No, I didn't forget. I chose not to post that slanderous accusation against red grapefruit. It wouldn't hurt a flea, especially when limited to 8 oz. per week- even less when considering the drained juice.

The combination won't kill you but grapefruit will compromise the absorption by the intestines of any statin thus reducing its effectiveness as a cholesterol med. There is a reason the statin directions say to avoid grapefruit. Lucky can ignore the instructions one day a week and probably live to tell about it. He probably won't even go bliind. :P But he might as well save his statin pill that day. :yes:

• Members

Lucky me! I take Crestor!

Crestor and Grapefruit Although most statin drugs should not be taken in combination with grapefruit products, Crestor is an exception. While grapefruit can increase the levels of certain statins in a person's blood, Crestor and grapefruit do not seem to have this interaction.

• Members

Lucky me! I take Crestor!

Crestor and Grapefruit Although most statin drugs should not be taken in combination with grapefruit products, Crestor is an exception. While grapefruit can increase the levels of certain statins in a person's blood, Crestor and grapefruit do not seem to have this interaction.

Crestor is a very good drug and it comes only at twice the price of Lipitor, which itself is probably five times the price of Simvastatin. Lucky for me I get by on the Simvastatin.

I do love grapefruit, especially red grapefruit. I miss it.

Guest CharliePS

I have a red grapefruit tree, which is currently loaded with fruit. Even though I like it, I don't want to eat more than one or two per day, so I usually end up giving most of it away.

• Members

Does "this" Queen Elizabeth live next door or down the block? Surely you do not mean THE Queen Elizabeth who does not take off pounds but merely adds them to her collection (of pounds sterling). ^_^

I, among many others. lament the fact of grapefruit avoidance. Rather than risk any drug reactions and damage to my liver, I just avoid grapefruit. I have always liked grapefruit and upon avoiding it, like the idea of it that much more.

Fortunately, I know of no reason to avoid other citrus fruits and especially enjoy FL tangerines.

Best regards,

RA1