Guest EXPAT

Bottoms pretending to be tops

Guest NCBored

If we can admit that there are masculine bottoms, surely there can be tops who don't fit the butch stereotypes. But I think most people associate bottoming with femininity, echoing the straight roles.

On a thread 'elsewhere', someone asked if bottoms have less 'status' than tops. I do think there's an undercurrent of that in both gay and straight culture - probably from our indoctrination from birth with concepts of masculinity and 'sex as a demonstration of power'.

How many times have you seen/heard the terms 'bottom' and 'she' used in insults? Ever heard 'top' used to put someone down?

• Members

Oddly enough, in classical times, getting face fucked was considered the vilest possible activity; getting butt fucked, not so much. The Romans even had a special word for it: irrumator...one who submits to fellate another man.

I supposing the reverse would be true today so it's largely a cultural thing. Or maybe it's just that head cheese was more common way back then, circumcision being relatively rare amongst Romans and Greeks. :sick:

• Members

In sub-saharan Africa circumcision is the rule in many areas. I'm under the impression that it's customary with some Arabs, although I could well be wrong about that. It used to be the custom to whack it off the first born son in one or two provinces of western France; can't remember which ones (odd the tidbit factoids one collects over the years :logik:, isn't it?).

yahoo+10_2bfaf8_3098636.jpg

(Sorry, just added for comic relief)

One additional factoid:

You can be a good (observant) Jew and retain your foreskin.

First one to post the circumstance under which this is allowed wins; 2 extra points for citing the relevant verse of the Torah.