ihpguy

FavelaDweller Made It (kind of) To The New York Times

• Members

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/10/travel/in-rio-and-sao-paulo-go-north.html?smid=pl-share

If you watch the video, mocoto, which they neglected to translate, is actually a specialty here - marrow.

At the 2:20 mark, the food market here makes their own ice cream which is quite nice

At the 3:34 mark, Seth gets saved by a guy in a sunga who offered himself up to me one afternoon after gaining entrance to my yard by some subterfuge about comparing our lawncare regimens. He is currently married to quite a cute little dyke.

You got me hooked on this author back last year and I keep up with him. He is very good and he has posted some great info on Brazil and the things most never see in Brazil.

For anyone who has never been to Brazil and likes going off the beaten path, please go over all read all of this NYT's author's writings. It is fascinating and will give you tons of great times.

• Members

Well, the NY Times is the talk of the island here. While going down the boarding ramp after exiting the ferry this afternoon, a very hot evangelical pastor who definitely knows my "persuasion", just said loudly to me, "otimo comentario" or "great commentary" that I posted to the paper. My friend who rents bikes and quadricycles was quite proud to see Seth exiting his shop during the video. Fun to at times be remembered in this northermost point of the city of Rio de Janeiro. However, more fun to have a hot Carioca in the sack.