Guest hitoallusa

Have you had this kind of experience?

Guest hitoallusa

My grandmother died after being bed-ridden for several years. One day she appeared in my mother's dream well dressed in shinny clothes and shouting that she was healed and well jumping around very happy. I can't be sure whether there would be an after life or not but it seems that death doesn't mean the end of everything. Have you guys had a similar experience?

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/crystal-mcvea-claims-she-spoke-god-near-death-153940655--abc-news-health.html?vp=1

Yes. My father passed away when I was eight, and a number of times since then I have dreamed that he had come back and was with us alive again.

In this dream, every time I had it, the very odd thing to me was how he and everyone else took it entirely for granted, and went right on with life as though nothing strange had happened.

To answer the rest of your question, I have no belief in an afterlife, just in what Hr Dr Freud called wish fulfillment.

Guest CharliePS

I used to work with a woman in Philadelphia who was ill with a brain tumor. One night while I was vacationing in London, I woke from a vivid dream, in which I had been walking down a street in Philadelphia, when a house door opened, and she came out and down the steps, carrying a suitcase. She started walking quickly down the street ahead of me, and I called out "Wait, Barbara! Let me help you carry that!" But she ignored me and kept going, then suddenly a huge hole opened in the sidewalk and she disappeared into it. I ran up to the hole and looked down into it, but there was nothing but blackness, and then the hole suddenly closed.

When I got home a few days later, I learned that she had died at the exact moment I had my dream.

Make of it what you will.

• Members

AS-

Regardless of your religious or philosophical bent, surely you are willing to consider a law of physics and that is matter cannot be destroyed but only changes form. Therefore, in some form or another, we are "always" here.

I have not had relatives appear to me in dreams or otherwise but when my puppy of 17+ years was gone, I often felt her moving across the bed by my feet. That goes on even today, years after her passing.

Bottom line: There is no after life but only "continuing" life.

Best regards,

RA1